1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderman 3

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by res2cue, Oct 30, 2007.

1. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I thought for sure this one would have something new on it. I thought such a huge release would cause a huge uproar and strike panic in all users... what a letdown, backed it up with an older version 6.1.7.0 of anydvd. Makes me wonder what they have left to throw at us if they didn't even try with this movie..

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried any of the other rippers with this one, such as DVDFab HD Decrypter? Can you post AnyDVD's findings?

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what they will do is make DVDs obsolete and then there will be bigger problems to copy the Blu-rays and HD-DVDs!

4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I have not tried dvdfab HD decrypter, however seeing as how simple this was for anydvd 6.1.7.0 I would be absolutely shocked if Fab could not handle it.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 000630053451DA1019
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2018272 sectors (3941 MBytes)
    Total size: 3999584 sectors (7811 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Spider-Man 3
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
    DVD structure appears to be correct.
    Structural copy protection not found.
    Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
    Bad sector protection not found.
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Edit: as easy a time as anydvd had with this movie... it seems it stumbles on "In The Land Of Woman", whereas Fab went through no problem. Will update anydvd and try again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2007
  5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the update Res2cue

6. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Res2cue, you asked what do the studios have left to throw at us? Maybe not too much. It is easy to make the encryption so difficult that even our decrypters cannot crack them, but then again the dvd players won't be able to play the discs either. They, the studios walk a fine line as to how to make our lives miserable on backing up yet still sell a product that all dvd stand alone players can play. If the encryption stalls out too many stand alone players they risk alienating the consumer. What I've noticed over time is that new encryption methods appear first in region 2 discs, then trickle down to region 1 discs.This means to me that certain markets in region 2 are the guinea pigs of the new encryptions and until proven, the studios do not want to lose the region 1 market, and fear the wrath of the North American consumer( which maybe be a larger demographic market)

7. chuck5440

chuck5440 Guest

Just tried to copy In the Land of Women, and it choked as well. I have vista with shrink and anydvd. Seems it copied files to my hard drive that are now permissions protected. I can't even delete them. Vista tells me access denied when I try to change or modify the file. Any one have a solution???

Saw res2cue was having difficulty with this one as well....

8. res2cue

res2cue Guest

you can't delete the file from your hard drive? Make sure there are no programs open still using those files. Which version of anydvd are you using? Like I mentioned, dvdfab HD decrypter was able to back this movie up without any problems at all.

9. therock7

therock7 Member

i am having problems with this movie region 1 with anydvd and dvdfab decrypter some1 help please

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah this movie was easy. AnyDVD and ImgBurn worked it out quickly-I did the DL Verbatim +R X2.4 route and it played flawlessly.

11. therock7

therock7 Member

still stops at 51% of the disc

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Are you trying AnyDVD and ImgBurn with a DL disc? Sounds like at 51% the layer break is hanging up. If using ImgBurn for DL discs let it select the layer break for you. Is the disc CLEAN about half way out?

13. therock7

therock7 Member

ive used dvdfab decrypter, anydvd/clonedvd 2, and anydvd/imgburn all the newest updates. the disc is brand new.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  14. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@therock7, do yourself a favor, edit your post removing any references to piracy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2007
  15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Then if none of these programs were successful for you and everyone else is getting it done; leaves you with either a badly pressed brand new disc or conflicts in your pc. I go with bad press.

16. therock7

therock7 Member

so youre trying to say my disc is f'ed?

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

very probable- return it and tell them it won't play and they should swap it out. Look around noone else is having trouble with this movie. There's nothing special on the disc.

You might want to edit out the bad language or you won't be here long.

18. res2cue

res2cue Guest

You never said if your problem is during the ripping or the burning. If the errors occur during the ripping, I would agree with garmoon, take it back... try another, it's your easiest (and most probable) solution.

19. therock7

therock7 Member

could be new protection accros

20. res2cue

res2cue Guest

nope, no new protection on this one. It not the software, that I can promise you.