1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spiderman

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by dragondog, Apr 29, 2007.

1. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

this is for the spiderman fans...i heard spiderman will be made up to prt6 but as for toby prt3 is his last i just hope if enough ppl can spread the word to keep toby all the way through maybe the word will reach the right ppl....but if they are going to change char. then they should not even make anymore...just like 007 and batman good movies but ruins things when char. are changed...toby is the spiderman no-one else hes got the looks the voice and already knows how to play the part...plz spread the word to keep toby.

herd dunst said no to 4 but changed mind and will be in 4 hope toby stays as the one and only spiderman

2. ireland

ireland Active member

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

spider-man 3 will be the last one. it's really better that way; you don't want to let a great series go long enough to get stale.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I can't wait for Spiderman 84!

Seriously though, I got to see my childhood favorite, Dr. Octopus, wreaking havoc on the big screen so I'm happy and fine with however many or few more they make :)

5. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

i heard marvel already said yes to a 4 and raimi said 3 was going to be his last as well as dunst but they both said theyll do the 4th and is also tring to get sony to ok the 5th and 6th and 4th will be out 2009 and scorpion is in this one ,....but i do agree, they have done so good it would be a shame if they mess it up as long as they keep the cast and crew i think they can pull it off...
    and yea i know how you feel bout doc oct. ......venum has been a all time child and adult hood fav villian i use to draw him all the time even when prt1 came i was already dreaming of how cool it would be if he was in it and well dream came true

84 lol..........the plans from the start was to only make 6 and so far its still the plan says marvel with or without raimi, dunst, and toby they just need sonys ok to do it........trust me big nerdy fan here..............youve seen them starwars fan how they a totle freak.......well im that way with spiderman ever since i was 5yr old got the comics cards drawings toys actoin figures bobble heads book ends posters....always on internet looking for more spiderman pic to print and also checking up on the new marvel movies....

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  6. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

ireland http://www.spiderman-web.com/spiderman/spiderman3-2.htm

i love this......the one with black spidy on side of bldg looking down in the rain i have this poster as well as its my comp background....but the one i have does not have venum this is now my comp background this is badass i wish i could that as a poster

7. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

just a ques..does anybody know if venom will be in spiderman 3 or does it just introduce the alien suit..
    i wonder how he gets it in this version considering how ni the comic that i used 2 read wen i waz a young one i think he got it from the secret wars or something w.e it is im sure itl still be cool

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

venom will be in there.

9. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

yes venom is in the 3rd one i bought a special behind the look at sm3
    and yes the venom as you know him is there the big mouth the tary black stuff big sharp teeth long toung he is there all the way and the one playing him is that new photo shooter thats giving peter parker some compition.....the black spidy u see on ad. is just black spidy not venom but venom is made from the black suit becouse its that tary stuff known as venom and no carnage is not in it...THE RED LOOKING VENOM

10. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

darn i waz kinda hoping that it waznt gunna b him,eddie brocks(guy in alien suit) supposed to be all brolic and huge n stuff

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I can't wait for Spiderman 27/Rocky 96, where the two heros save the world in their wheelchairs. Spiderman is now able to shoot his nuclear powered dentures to stop evildoers. Rocky just drools on the bad guys.

12. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

EXTRA EXTRA......oh my god they planed up to 6 spiderman movies but now it changed to 678 wow

c'mon ppl!

the sm movies are a smash....batman superman rocky they all sucked story changed every time not to mention along with some actors...

not say the movie its self sucked just when the storyline and the actors are changed it screws things up...........007 ring a bell
    when will they stop and just kill bond

spiderman can go all the way if they just stick together and im just hoping that i can get trough to enough ppl that it will happen b4 they screw it up too......they either just need to end it are go all the way.

13. ireland

ireland Active member

UPDATE: Spidey 3 Smashes Asia/Europe Box Office Records; Up 86% Over SM2

smallspidey.JPGWEDNESDAY AM: Spider-Man 3 opened May 1 in 16 countries around the globe and made $29.15 million in the single day. That's more than what the same 16 territories made for Spider-Man 1 ($10.6 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($15.6 mil) combined! So far SM3 is running +86% over SM2. The 16 countries consisted of 8 in Asia (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Philippines), and 8 in or near Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria and Egypt). SM3 logged the biggest opening day ever in 9 of these 16 nations: France, Hong Kong, Itraly, Belgium, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia and The Philippines. The pic debuts in 30 more territories on Thursday (including China, Australia and Russia) and an additional 30 on Friday (including the U.K. and India). Spider-Man 3 launches domestically Friday on 4,253 theaters, the widest North American opening of all time. (Refresh for latest...)

Here's the 411:

France - 5.01 million Euros ($6.81) --- Biggest opening day of all time for either Hollywood or local films. It broke the opening day gross record of Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire (3.9 million) and also the previews-included biggest opening day by giant local film Taxi 2 (4.5 million). Bigger than the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (4.9 million).

Germany - 3.56 million Euros ($4.56) --- Biggest Tuesday ever. 69% bigger than the opening day of Spidey 2 and 80% bigger and Spidey 1.

Italy - 2.95 million Euros ($4.02) --- Biggest opening day of all time for either Hollywood or local films, breaking the record that we recently smashed with The Da Vinci Code (2.03) by 45%. Bigger than the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (2.3 million).

Austria - .530 million Euros ($.721) --- Biggest Tuesday gross ever and the 3rd biggest opening ever behind LOTR-Return of the King and LOTR-Two Towers. 48% bigger than the opening of Spidey 2 and 165% bigger than the opening of Spidey 1.

Belgium - .406 million Euros ($.552) --- Biggest opening day of all time for either Hollywood or local films. Bigger than the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (.399 million).

Holland - .271 million Euros ($.369) --- 22% bigger than the opening of Spidey 2 and 5% bigger than Spidey 2.

Switzerland - .349 million Francs ($.286) --- 9% bigger than the opening of Spidey 2 and 11% bigger than Spidey 1.

Egypt - .162 million Pounds ($.29) --- Biggest opening day of all time, breaking the previous record set by Pirates 2 (.136).

Japan - 444 million Yen ($3.7) --- Biggest Tuesday gross ever, breaking the record set by Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (408 million). Opening is 8% bigger than Spider-Man 2 (410 million) and 28% bigger than Spider-Man (347 million).

Korea - 3.2 billion Won($3.4) --- Biggest opening day of all time for either Hollywood or local films. Bigger than the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (2.0 billion).

Singapore – 1.02 million $ Singapore ($.670) --- Biggest single day of all time, previously held by the opening weekend Saturday of Spider-Man 2 (.777). Opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined was 1.06 million..

Philippines – 45.6 million Pesos ($1.1) --- Biggest single day of all time, 39% bigger than previous record held by the opening weekend Sunday of Spider-Man 2 (32.7). Bigger than the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (42 million.) The 51 million opening day is 1/3 of the lifetime gross of Spider Man 1, which was at the time was the biggest film of all time. First film ever to gross $1 million in a single day.

Taiwan (Taipei only) – 17.2 million $Taiwan ($.515) --- Biggest weekday ever, previously held by the opening Friday of Kung Fu Hustle (15.6). Bigger than the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (16.9 million).

Hong Kong - 7.5 million $HK ($1.0) --- Biggest opening day of all time, previously held by Kung Fu Hustle (5.0 million). Bigger then the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (5.4 million).

Malaysia - 1.75 million Ringgit ($.462) --- Biggest single day of all time, previously held by the opening weekend Saturday of Spider-Man 2 (1.52). Bigger than the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (1.6 million).

Thailand - 34.1 million Baht ($1.0) --- Biggest single day of all time, 30% bigger than previous Hollywood record held by Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (26.3) and breaking the all-time recort held by local film Tom Yum Goong (30.6). Bigger than the opening days of Spidey 1 & 2 combined (26.9 million). First film to gross over $1 million in a single day.

Total gross for Tuesday, May 1 - $29.15 million --- 86% bigger than the same territories opened on Spider-Man 2 ($15.6 million) and 175% bigger than the same territories opened on Spider-Man ($10.6 million).

Territories opening – 16

Territories beating Spider-Man 2’s opening day – 16

Territories beating Spider-Man’s opening day – 16

Territories beating the combined gross of Spider-Man 1 & 2 - 9

Territories with the biggest opening day of all time – 10

Territories with the biggest single day of all time – 4

tobey.jpgTUESDAY PM UPDATE: I'm told Spider-Man 3 today opened bigger than 1 and 2 in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Philippines. In terms of $$$, SM3 debuted in Japan with $3.47 mil, South Korea $3.46 mil and Hong Kong $958.9K. It was the biggest single day ever recorded in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines. In Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand and The Phillipines, the film outgrossed the combined opening day of Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. Needless to say, Sony Pictures is relieved at all the record-setting releases in 8 Asian territories. The pic scored the biggest opening day ever in South Korea and Hong Kong. In Japan, it set the biggest Tuesday gross ever, including openings. In South Korea, it was the biggest opening day ever. In Hong Kong, it was the biggest opening ever, beating not just Hollywood but also local product like Kung Fu Hustle. In Singapore, it was the biggest movie-going day, both opening and gross on any day. Same with Malaysia, Thailand and The Philippines. Finally, in Thailand, it was the biggest Monday-through-Friday gross ever. This updates : 'Spidey 3' Asian Grosses Bigger Than 1,2; In Some Places Bigger Than 1,2 Combined
    http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/spider-man-3-smashes-most-asian-records/

14. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

thats awsome i do believe if raimi hasnt singed away yet that he and the rest will be in the 4th i hope

that is awsom wounder how much theyll make when it opens world wide

cant wait to find out thanks for posting ireland

15. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

spider man fans........if have tv guid channel watch for sm3 exclucive.....talks to toby, raimi, stan lee, dunst, and more....even talks bout sm4

16. ireland

ireland Active member

Spider-Man 3 Director Geeks Out on His Movie's Real Star: Sand
    By Hugh Hart Email 05.04.07 | 2:00 AM

LOS ANGELES -- The secret to Spider-Man's success can be found in a single grain of sand. After all, it's not really Peter Parker in latex that makes this film franchise a billion-dollar box office hit. It's the villain, and this time around it's the Sandman, a shape-shifting computer-generated marvel made up of thousands of digitized grains of sand.

But making the villain wasn't easy (nor was it cheap). It all started with director Sam Raimi peering through a microscope to study the molecular structure of sand, and led to two-and-a-half years of visual-effects R&D and a crew of 30 special-effects technicians.

"I had people bring in 12 different kinds of sand -- this is where people think the movie industry is insane -- so I could look at it," says Raimi. "I saw California beach sand, Mojave desert sand. We ended up picking Arizona sand because it looks exactly like ground corncobs. The reason that's important is that when you bury people alive in hundreds and hundreds of pounds of sand, they'll be squished. You need something lightweight like corncobs, so air can get through and the actors and stuntmen won't be crushed."

Raimi conducted "screen tests" on a Culver City soundstage to observe the sands' "behavior." Visual-effects supervisor Scott Stokdyk elaborated: "We shot footage of sand every way we would need it -- thrown up, thrown against blue screen, over black screen. John Frazier, the special-effects supervisor, shot it out of an aero can at a stuntman. Anything we could imagine sand doing in the film, we shot."

A team of more than 200 programmers at Sony Imageworks then spent the equivalent of 10 man-years writing code that rendered the billions of individually manipulated sand particles. In all, more than 900 special-effects shots were produced for the film. But it's really the trailer moments that count. A film like Spider-Man needs about 10, and as producer Avi Arad says, "Those trailer moments better contain some magic."

Achieving those special moments required plenty of back-to-the-drawing-board discussions, says Raimi. "Fortunately they're a bunch of geeks, so it wasn't a problem to tell them, 'It doesn't really feel like sand, it feels too float-y' or 'It feels like it's bouncing too hard.'"

Of course, action without heart only goes so far, and Raimi says he always tries to balance the big fight scenes with character-driven relationships. "When I start a new Spider-Man, I'm only thinking, what's the proper way to continue this story?"

For Spider-Man 3, opening Friday, Raimi devised a story driven by revenge served sour, and accelerated by black goo from another planet that corrupts whomever it slithers onto. Once infected, Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker/Spider-Man repels girlfriend Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst) with dorky dance moves, flirts with classmate Gwen (Bryce Dallas Howard) and avenges the death of his uncle. Old friend Harry (James Franco ) becomes New Goblin and unctuous Daily Bugle rival photographer (Topher Grace) morphs into shark-toothed bad guy Venom.

Sony Pictures plans to make more Spider-Man movies, but Raimi says he's "exhausted" after three consecutive Peter Parker pictures and hasn't committed to directing the next one.

In fact, after all the sand, marketing hype and CGI headaches Raimi still sees Spider-Man as a character-driven drama, albeit one that includes flying skateboards, toxic goop and airborne razor wedgies.

"I read about filmmakers who say they've got to make a smaller movie, but in doing the Spider-Man movies, I secretly made my little character drama, I've secretly made the love story I wanted to make, I've made as much of a comedy as I wanted and made a little bit of a horror movie and a little bit of an adventure film."
    http://www.wired.com/entertainment/hollywood/news/2007/05/sam_raimi

17. ireland

ireland Active member

WHAT A WIDE, WIDE, WIDE, WIDE WEB! 'SPIDEY 3' SPINS $148M IN U.S. GROSS & $375M IN WORLDWIDE GROSS. SETS BIGGEST WEEKEND OPENINGS EVER!

SUNDAY AM: Peter Parker knocks out both Jack Sparrow and Darth Vader! Spider-Man 3 today has shattered the U.S. opening weekend box office record set by Pirates Of The Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest and the global box office record set by Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge Of The Sith. With Friday's precedent-setting U.S. box office of $59.3 million and Saturday's record $51+ million and Sunday's projected $37.7 million, the Sony mega-blockbuster spun the biggest American weekend movie opening of all time. This is a historic Hollywood moment and sensational start to the summer movie season. The figure for U.S. gross was $148 million for Friday through Sunday at 4,252 theaters, the widest release ever, which easily beat the previous record-holder Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and its $135.6 million. (I have been saying that Sony execs were dreaming in the neighborhood of a greedy $150 mil for SM3's U.S. debut, and they got it by showing the pic almost round-the-clock ever since 12:01 AM Friday!) At the same time, Spidey 3 scored the biggest worldwide opening ever with $375 million, upsetting the previous record of $254 mil by Star Wars Episode 3. The overseas estimates from 107 countries total $225 mil. SM3 also shattered all the North American records (U.S. and Canada) for biggest opening day ever, biggest 2nd day of release and biggest 3rd day of release. Though SM3 fell -14% Saturday compared to Friday, that number without the midnight shows is actually +4%. This means that, comparatively, the threequel almost did in two days what the original Spidey did in three days back in 2002. Now, let's look at the exit polls: SM3's opening weekend audience was 54% male, 46% female, and 63% under 25 years old. Over 50% of those surveyed said they liked the film better than Spider-Man 1 and 2 (although reviewers did not; see below). The film played broadly, from ages 8 to 80, and sellouts were reported nationwide throughout the weekend. Friday to Sunday box office was up over 70% at U.S. theaters compared to last year -- and Spidey 3 captured 80% of the total American gross of $180 mil this Friday through Sunday.

SATURDAY AM: Peter Parker (aka Tobey Maguire) bested Jack Sparrow (aka Johnny Depp) at the box office Friday. I'm told Spider-Man 3 beat Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 for the biggest U.S. opening day ever in film history. The threequel shattered the $55.8 million mark set by P2 last year and took in $59 million. Based on the first day's performance, the studio believes the film will delivers in the +/- range of $135 mil to $145 mil for its first three days of release. A better estimate will emerge Sunday morning when the studio will release its full report with exit surveys and international figures to date. In addition, Sony estimated that SM3 grossed approximately $104 million worldwide yesterday, the highest single day gross in global box office history. The film delivered $45 million Friday in overseas ticket sales. This opening weekend, SM3 will definitely make more than SM1 ($114.8 mil) or SM2 ($88.1 mil) at U.S. theaters. "Today's early returns have been staggering," an insider explained to me Friday night. spiderman3_refredposter.jpg(FYI: Pirates 2 did $55.8 mil on its Friday bow, then did $44 mil on Saturday.) Domestic box office looks to be up over 60% from the same weekend last year when Mission Impossible 3 kicked off the summer movie season with a $47.7 mil gross for the first weekend in May. "So far, Hollywood's high stakes gamble is paying off," one studio exec told me today: this will be the highest grossing summer in Hollywood history, with predictions of $4.5 billion box office. Peter Parker set house records at several theaters across the country where sell-outs were common throughout the day Friday. The two highest grossing theaters in North America were the Lincoln Square (which includes an IMAX theater) in New York, which took in $158,158, and the Arclight in Los Angeles, which reported $144,926 worth of ticket sales. This is the first word of how the webbed wonder would fare in domestic box office as opposed to foreign where Spidey 3 set new records in Asia and Europe. Sony execs were unnerved by the only so-so reviews of the pic in this country -- that is, until more than 300 of the approximate 1,000 midnight showings Sony arranged with U.S. theaters Friday AM sold out online at Fandango, which sells movie tickets to more than 15,000 U.S. screens. And let's not forget that SM3 will be shown in 4,252 theaters, the widest release ever.

Now, back to those reviews: according to RottenTomatoes.com, of the 143 reviews counter, "Fresh" were 89, "Rotten" were 54, making the average rating: 6.2/10. Among that site's "Cream of the Crop" most influential reviewers, only 45% gave the pic a good review for an average rating of 5.6/10. parkerwatson.jpgSo I went back and looked at Rotten Tomatoes' final tally for Pirates 2, last summer's highly anticipated blockbuster that also received only so-so feedback: of the 204 reviews counter, "Fresh" were 110, "Rotten" were 94, making the average rating 6/10. Among Cream of the Crop, only 42% gave the pic a good review for an average ratings of 5.3/10. But P2 went on to make $423.3 mil domestically in 4,133 theaters so the reviews didn't matter. As for Spider-Man 1, its final domestic tally was $403.7 mil, and SM2 $373.5 mil.

As if anyone cares, the only other major movie opening Friday was Warner Bros' Lucky You, a 2-year-old pic directed by Curtis Hanson and starring Drew Barrymore and Eric Bana and dumped opposite SM3. The poker pic only managed 6th place with $925K Friday from 2,525 theaters. The per screen average was an empty $366. Given that I'm told the film cost $58 million, plus another $34 million in promotion and advertising, this is a major wipeout for Warner Bros since the pic will probably make less than $3 mil its opening weekend. (Only comforted by the fact that it was co-financed with Village Roadshow). Money guys tell me the writedown should be around $40 million.
    http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/us-spidey-3-looking-bigger-than-1-or-2/

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  18. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

ok guys, i saw the movie and honestly i didint really think it lived up to the expetations of myself or others , anybody else see it that has any diff or same opinions??

19. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

nope. spiderman rock my world

20. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Yeah i agree. I thought S3 was kinda lame the first time I saw it. but that was only because i loved S2 so much. Going back and watching again knowing what to expect was an enjoyable experience. Yeah some of the effects look off and the story lines are cluttered and take random silly turns but I ended up liking it a lot more the second time around. At least its no Fantastic 4 ha ha