1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpiderMan2 and Bloodrayne2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jdb34, Nov 19, 2004.

1. jdb34

jdb34 Member

Currently I am having problems with SpiderMan2 and BloodRayne 2. I have successfully backup'd up NBA Live 05,Rainbow Six 3 and Medal Gear Solid 2.
    I have a v4 PS2(30001), using the Swap Magic DVD version 2.0.
    Burner is TDK 1280B(DVD +/-R, +/- RW)
    The media I used for the burns of NBA Live, RBS3 and MGS2 are CompUsa brand +R 4x. I have tried DVD -R's 1x, also but come to find out my PS2 doesn't recognize -R's.

Anyways, now when I do spiderman2, it just sits at a black sreen after inserting it using Swap Magic. I have tried using DVD Decryptor, Alcohol and Nero. All having the same results.

Any Ideas what I can do to get these games to work properly without skipping/freezing.

Is it possible that the CompUsa media is junk? If thats the case, why was I able to make 3 good backups of the other games?

2. jdb34

jdb34 Member

Ok, Im getting very annoyed.

When I first tried SpiderMan on my CompUsa +R 4x Media, I got it too load, it was just very slow and skipping.

But now I am just getting a black screen.

I have tried the following Media:

CompUsa DVD -R 1x (burned at 2x,PS2 doesnt recognize)
    FujiFilm DVD +R 4x (burned at 2.4x, long load, skips)
    Memorex DVD +RW (burned at 2.4x, Pink borders around "insert disk" screen)

I checked SwapMagicFix to see if a CD loader was required, its not.

I have been working this for 12 hours, does anyone have any ideas?

I still have TDK +RW and Sony +RW to try. So I will keep the results posted, incase someone feels like helping.

Also anyone have any clue as to why my PS2 cant read -R's?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  3. mad89

mad89 Member

hey. maybe u should check out other threads as i hav answered this many times before...

to get a good working copy of spiderman 2 for ps2 is follow these simple instructions:

1. dvd decrypter iso > read
    2. insert dvd-r (minus) and select [bold]1x speed[/bold]
    3. dvd decrypter iso > write

i have tried it as 2x and 4 x speed and both times were glitchly, choppy, and kept freezing during swings etc...

i solved the problem by re burning it at 1x speed and all is well...

try it and see how u go...

4. jdb34

jdb34 Member

I have read other threads prior to this, my main problem is my PS2 with not recognize DVD -R's. I even went and bought DVD -R 1x then come to find out my PS2 doesn't recognize them. I can only burn at 2.4x(DVD +R's). But its ok, I got so frustrated, that I bought a version 7 PS2, premodded with the messiah chip. So maybe that will recognize DVD -R's. But I did finally get BloodRayne to work. After taking out the garbage files and rebuilding the ISO file :)

5. mad89

mad89 Member

yes there is a chance that your old ps2 did not recognise -r dvds...

i know that the v7 does for sure and like i said try to redo spiderman 2 at 1x speed on a -r and try it in your v7...

it should work no problems =)

if u have any other hassles or questions, reply back and ill see if i can help out.

PS. wot version was ur old ps2?

6. jdb34

jdb34 Member

The one I have now is ver. 4, my ver. 7 with chip should be here in a few days.

I have read around that ver. 4 PS2 are weird, some read both types of media, some don't.