1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spill on controller

Discussion in 'PS2' started by darren700, Oct 5, 2003.

1. darren700

darren700 Member

my mom accidentally spilt some water on my controller, i dried it with my shirt and contiuned playing, half an hour later the left analog stick went all screwy, it just goes "left" all the time, even when its in the middle, i took it apart blew it off, still same problem , does anyone have some suggestions on how to fix this? any help appreciated

2. Twanger

Twanger Guest

All right I have broken my controller way too many times (damn u RockStar and my hard damn floor) but never spilt anything on it anyway try a hair dryer or a can of compressed air if that doesn't work sorry but you'll just have to buy a new one.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

The analogue stick, is like a balance speaker lever you used to get in cars....many moons back...

Just an electronic potentiometer in actual fact.....

You want to get soem IPA or even WD40, take it apart and give it a REALLY good soaking with it, will not damage the pcb or anything so spray away.....

Really get it into the mech and then just keep manipulating the analog stick....for 5 mins or so....

Then give it a REAL good blow with compressed air to remove residue.....this will remove any crap that is still present.....

Remember the old stereos, with slider volume controls that always balls up with the sound after a period of time....a little movement the volume hit max or very low and crackly....exactly the same.....

MAKE SURE CONTROLLER IS UNCONNECTED WHEN PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE

Hope this helps....

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003