1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spindal Failure when writing layer!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by wiiaddict, Oct 6, 2007.

1. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

when im trying to burn an xbox360 game is goes to right the next layer and then comes up error spindal failure?? any1 got any idea??

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

hardware/software problem with your burner. Buy a new one.

3. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

it is a new burner!! brought it yesterday brand new

4. touran22

touran22 Regular member

same here dude. i got 2 games to burn successfully though but i made 3 coasters on the way. This is what i did.

Install CloneCd>Restart PC>Burn at 2.4x and leave your computer.

Make sure nothing else is open. thats how i done it. but my second disc that i burnt was a bad burn becuase on my 360 after a few mins it gives me an error saying clean disc and restart the console! damn.

5. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

i didnt have any prob with my old burner till it packed up now i have gone a brought a new one it keeps saying spindal failure when trying to write the next layer!!! any1 got any idea what that is??? i have updated the firmware now so im gunna give that a try

6. touran22

touran22 Regular member

i just tryed burning PGR 4 right now and as soon as it hit 52% on clonecd the remaning time turned to Unknown and and write speed turned to 0kBytes/s (0.00) man im soo pissed these are all my DL media going? whats the problem with this?

7. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

sorry m8 i aint got a clue whats wrong with yours im new like you. i have been in the wii scene for a while and i have got all that sorted now i have started on the 360 scene, i have just had soo many probs well only when i brought this new burner!!! some1 please help i am wasting soo many discs and im down to my last one!!!!! lol

8. Usfgeek

Usfgeek Member

Try a different burning program...

XBC works perfect for me everytime.

9. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

What kind of burner is it?

10. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

its an external super multi dvd writer!!! i havent had any trouble with image burner untill now since i got my new burner!!????? in the error message it says summin bout the layer break???????

11. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

LG GSA-E60N

12. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ive got a phillips PBDV1640p and it wont bloddy burn thats 5 coasters now!

13. theridges

theridges Guest

external burners tend to have problems....i would put it inside of your pc..

14. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

WE MUST BE DOING SUMMIN WELL WRONG MATE IM REALY GETTING FRUSTRATED!!!

15. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

ok it could be your drive if your ever gonna get a dula layer burner get a pioneer they aint that much more expensive.
    anyway what media are you using if you get errors it could be your media try using a verbatim dual layer dvd what ones are you using at the moment
    sometimes you will get errors if you are using cheap or 2nd best dual layers

if your drive is newand your firmware all updated then just try verbatim and if it doesnt work then you know its not the media and something else

when trying to back up your game how are you getting the iso are you using kreon drive.

anyway you could save yourself the headache and like ridges said it could be due to the fact its an extrenal burner and they do have problems

16. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

do you have any other writing software installed on your pc like any secure disc software (programmes_ for writing to dvd if so uninstall them

have your tried burning with xbox back up creator. when problems arise in backing up a game there is always a simple solution but you just have to try everything until you get that perfect formula lol :)
    so try different media first verbatim if that dont work then it could be due to your external burner. if you ever have to invest in a dual layer dvd burner always go for pioneer

17. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

you mentioned the layer break earlier on in img burn well when you open up img burn

go to tool- settings- write and on the right hand side you will see

options make sure that user specified is ticked and that under it the number state 1913760 if it isnt then thats your problem if it is then just type it in again and try to burn again

18. touran22

touran22 Regular member

im gona try my mates dvd burner tomrow and install it on my PC to see if that shit works! hopefully it will!

19. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

ok i did what u said and re typed the layer break. burn a game and the burn went perfect prob is now when you put the game in the 360 it just says read error dirty disc. it aint my media that im using because i have had good burns from them before. what could it be the program im using or the download??????

20. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

I use the latest version of IMGburn. It works everytime.