1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spindle Servo Error?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MidnightD, Jun 6, 2004.

1. MidnightD

MidnightD Member

I have been making backups of my DVD's for quite a while now, and have very few problems. Now I have one I can not for the life of me figure out. Everytime I try to burn, I come up with a Spindle Servo Error. I did a sitewide search, and found nothing. Anyone out there who knows what this is and how to resolve it? I am about to cry here. I uninstalled and re-installed everything, from the software to the DVD drive. Please help???

Kat

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

The Spindle Servo is the motor that spins the disc. I imagine a Spindle Servo Error indicates that the speed the disc is spinning is not correct. It could be anythings from not spinning at all to not spinning at the correct speed.

It could be a problem with the motor or mechanism that clamps the disk to the spindle but might more likely be bad discs. If the center hole of the disc is not correct I would think it could cause this error.

I would try different and better discs. You might also try writing at a slower speed.

Here is some information about CD's and how speeds and spindles and center holes cause problems. The information would apply to DVD's also.
    http://www.mscience.com/faq18.html

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  3. MidnightD

MidnightD Member

Thanks Veblin, these disks are going back. I never thought to check on the disk hole size, but these disks are flawed. I will be sending them back on Monday...;)