1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spitting record into tracks.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by squizluke, Apr 15, 2005.

1. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I have heaps of vinyl records that i would like to record to my hd. Recording is not a ploblem but i want to record the whole side and then automaticly split the recording into mp3 or wma tracks can anyone point me in the direction of some freeware software or usable demo, i tried looking but i dont seem to be getting anywhere.

Thanx in advance.
    PS. i'm recording in wav format.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

sorry man, you're gonna have to do it yourself manually. using an audio editor like Krystal, Audacity, Sound Forge, or Adobe Audition it shouldn't be too hard to split the tracks up then individually export them. I've captured over 200 of my records, but using Pro Tools.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

4. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

Yes, you can do it, you just have to record and edit. It's not the hardest thing in the world either. Setting your volumes for recording is the hardest part so you get good quality. Editing is easy if there are obvious places to snip the songs. I've done this to continuous dance music, and even that was do-able.

5. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

I've done 100's of my old albums using Nero's Wave editor (all manually). It's a lot of work & can get kind of tedious. But I have a lot of old LP's that I would never find on CD. It kept me out of the bars though!! I'm not so sure diabolos method would work, because you don't really have complete silence. Between tracks you still have the needle being scratched across the album, which leaves some sound waves, as slight as they may be. If you try it please check back & let us know how it worked out.