1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ookamikai, Mar 29, 2005.

1. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

dvd2xbox should do it but changing videomode is a better solution.

2. sirwesley

sirwesley Member

So i just ripped Splinter Cell Chaos Theory to my Xbox, that is I copied from Game to Computer, then Computer to Xbox HD. When i go to load the game from the Evox menu, it never loads. When i click on Splinter Cell, it goes to the typical Evox splash screen, but then never loads the game from there. I have also removed the update.xbe files, still same problem. Did i rip from a bad disk?

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Did you patch the .xbe's?

4. sirwesley

sirwesley Member

Do i need to patch them, even though i'm just putting them on my Xbox Hdd. I thought i only needed to patch them if i was burning them to get them to fit on a DVD?

5. BR7

BR7 Regular member

If it's not working, doesn't hurt to try.

6. sirwesley

sirwesley Member

I patched it. Still does the exact same thing. All other games play great. Even tried backing it up fresh again from the orginal. Any Ideas?

7. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

I hope you guys know how to use boxplorer then....just go in the games folder and rename the sc3.xbe to default.xbe...but the full version already has the sc3.xbe changed to default.xbe. i remember that after renaming to default.xbe it didnt work too well....and yeah i took the whole way around because i forgot that the game has a sc3.xbe instead of default.xbe, but i thought thats only on the demo version

8. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

and ookamikai how the heck do you want the game to run without its xbe....the sc3.xbe...rename it to default.xbe

9. 911Xfrog

911Xfrog Member

Did you guys get Splinter Cell to work. Could you provide step by step of what has to be changed?

Thanks

10. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I got this game from a DL DVD9- 5.36GB (apparently a BETA version) in size, played fine for the first 5 levels. I had transfered the files from PC to XBOX HD using Quix. It played fine!

Then my mate gave me the game again from a retail version and I transferred the game again to XBOX HD deleting the previous version and it played fine!

I have since finished the game and it played perfect! No problems!

But, when I was playing the game in 2 player/ Multiplayer does the game go passed the 5th level (from memory) as the game drops out and goes back to the menu screen??? I played this with my mate using the BETA version I previouly had, as not had the chance to play again with the retail version.
    Does anyone else have this problem?

The game was only patched (whateva) using Quix. My XBOX is a v1.3, AppleXPRO chip, 120GB HD installed, Slayer v2.5, latest XBMC and all other mumbo-jumbo installed. I do not know why others are having the problems of it loading?

Is everyone using a proper/retail release???

I also ripped out the PAL video files from the game to get a backup on to a DVD5 (plays fine but no video footage)- My mate had it backed up to a DVD9 (so we always hav a full version copy backed up)..

Hope this Nfo helps & could anyone tell me if it works past the 5th level in Multiplayer???

11. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

thats the game size and it's no beta but the rip was aparently damaged at a point and the same happened to me with manhunt...the save was from the non-working game.....so you will have to get one from a working game.

12. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

and it works past the 5 levels....it has 10 levels and the game is finished....and have you read what i said about changing videomodes and that.......and what files to take out or not.......read all posts in this thread and you will find out what you need to know

13. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

I FTPed the game to my PC using Craxtion. Deleted VideosPAL, and the foreign language sounds (leaving "int" and "esp"). Then I patched the "xbe" files with Quix, and created an iso using Quix. I then burned to DVD+R using DVD Decrypter.