1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ShBm, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ShBm

ShBm Regular member

Does anyone else have a problem getting this to work? Whenever I put it in the opening movie and everything work, but then I have to hit Solo/Co-op or Online, and when I choose, it says "Please insert a PlayStation2 disc."

2. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I have successfuly backed up this game with no problem once so ever...I did not use a patch! But I see you are having the problem- You will need to get the patch for this game...Go on SwapMagicFix.com to get it

3. steimy

steimy Active member

My backup works fine too, also no patch needed (NTSC)
    I used my V7 and Swap Magic 3.3 to test it
    because i can never tell with the slim PSTwo because it has a chip and would work anyway.

4. ShBm

ShBm Regular member

I've got the patch and ppf-o-matic. I can't figure out how to make an ISO file with DVD Decrypter, though. I put it in read mode, and created a rar file, and unzipped it to see if there was an iso file, but no. I also tried Alocohol 120%, but that just made an mds file. Can someone just put a step-by-step instruction on how do do this whole process?

5. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Um you create an ISO by inserting the original game...And if you downloaded the files I reccomend you go and rent it to get it

6. ShBm

ShBm Regular member

I didn't download it or anything, I have dial-up so that'snotreally feasable for me. Are the settings wrong or something?

7. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

You pop your disc in the dvd player...Go to MODE on dvd decrypter...Then ISO read..that will save it to your computer

8. ShBm

ShBm Regular member

It still just makes a zip file and an MDS file.

9. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

Mine works perfect. On second level and have not had any problems so far. Got it from torrent file using swap magic & slide tool. Didnt use any patch or anything.

10. Gdash

Gdash Guest

How would I get the splinter cell chaos theory backup to work online?

11. ShBm

ShBm Regular member

Is there just a guide to creating an ISO file with decrypter? I put in my disc, went to Mode > ISO > Read and saved the file into a folder. All it created was an MDS file and a ZIP archive. There's no ISO for Ppf-o-matic to apply the patch to. Even when I unzipped it, there was nothing. Should I just apply it to the ZIP file and burn that?

12. Gdash

Gdash Guest

Was the saved backup on a NTSC drive? If it is on a FAT32 HD then it will cause the problem you got.

13. Kuener

Kuener Guest

Check to make sure you do not have Winzip associated with ISO files, check that actualy extension of the file.

14. ShBm

ShBm Regular member

That was it. WinZip was associated with ISOs. I never would have thought to check that. Thanks.

15. Kuener

Kuener Guest

no problem