1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splinter cell does't completly load

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ffonly, Apr 13, 2003.

1. ffonly

ffonly Member

I have a backup dvd copy of splinter cell and it boots up (i have a neo chip and use the swap magic). The only problem is once i try to start to load the first mission(training)it goes back to the browser screen. Someone wrote in another discussion that the swap magic discs don't work for this game. Is this true and is this the reason why?

2. Mudvayne

Mudvayne Guest

I backed up Splinter Cell also, and it boots up until you load the level. I now have to restart everytime that i go to a new level. I was told that the game performs a check before it loads every level. I may be wrong.

3. ffonly

ffonly Member

problem is I can't get it to load the first level!

4. Mudvayne

Mudvayne Guest

Really, mine, at first didn't load the first level, but when i restarted it loaded fine until it tried to load the next.

5. spunjee

spunjee Guest

Mine has the problem everytime I save [on Splinter Cell] too. I have a PS2v7 and Magic 3.6 The problem is that I'm not even using a copy! The original is doing this.

6. ffonly

ffonly Member

does anyone know if this game will work with the neo chip and swap magic?

7. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I as soon as I get my PS2 back with the Magic 3.1 I am going to attempt to put in a on off switch for magic chip. if it works then I will post instructions with pics. It shouldnt be that hard just cut into the 5V, splice in swith and cut opening for wires and find place to mount.

8. FlyBy

FlyBy Guest

If you have a Magic 3.1, then you don't need an on/off switch. It would be absolutely useless. The Magic 3.1 turns itself off.

9. metri

metri Member

With the Magic 3.1 you can hold down the reset button for 5 seconds (same procefure as for booting ps1 and dvd movies but hold for 5 seconds instead of 3 for dvd) and it will turn off the modchip. This will allow ORIGNAL Splinter Cell to work as well as any games with inline rebooting (sony network disc etc.)
    Also I am able to playa copy just fine, but everytime I save (after each mission) I have to reboot and load, but I can still play. working cdr rip kits can be found at.....http://alucard.cc/

Last edited: Apr 29, 2003
  10. ffonly

ffonly Member

does this rip kit mean that the backup game will work on any mod chip?