1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splinter cell loading problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dbel, May 10, 2003.

1. dbel

dbel Member

ok i made a backup of splinter cell on ps2...the problem is when i load up a game, it goes back to the ps2 browser screen and says 'reading disc...' i have a no solder modchip on my ps2 right now...why wont it load up my game?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Spilinter cell backups cant be used with no-solder or fliptops becuse there another disc check after the main menu. it would take a solder type chip to play the backup.

3. ps2modbrn

ps2modbrn Guest

Hold On!!

What I have:
    PS2 V4,no solder mod and using Swap Magic.

How I copy:
    Usually use Nero and choose DVD Copy.

Splinter Cell does work with mine. I have been reading that for some it doesn't work.

Are most of you using a GShark and/or an Action Replay?

The only game I cant get to work with Swap Magic is Vice City. I have a toal of 24 games done. The one plus with using Swap Magic discs is that if it is an EA game - you don't have to patch it.

Hope this helps!!

4. Danny4897

Danny4897 Member

I also have this problem w/Splinter Cell I tried recordnowmax exact copy did not work. And I tried Nero dvd copy and the same no work. I even defragmented and closed everything on my computer and still the same.

5. yesiknow

yesiknow Member

i also have the same problem, but i heard of two resolutions, im not sure if they work yet cause i havent checked it out yet, but ill get back to it, but the first solution is to play the the original and save after the first level, after each level it will go back to the browser screen, so u have to reload (using the whole swap disk procedure) and then the game should load at the last save point and the second is something about a cd loader that u can get through kazaa or something

Last edited: Jun 4, 2003
  6. eholey

eholey Member

I am also having the same problem but I have an original game. My playstation does have a solder chip, but why it does not play the original ?????

7. bddarkman

bddarkman Regular member

eholy i bet you have a magic 3.1 and v7 board there is some kind of mod check on a few games that see the magic chip on v7 ps2's
    I have one. soon as the new v8 gets tested im getting 1 with messiah 2 pro.

to play oringnal you need to hold reset until sony browser comes on this turns magic chip off.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2003
  8. telescope

telescope Regular member

I hav got a magic 3.6
    And splinter cell boots like a charm
    No problem with it till now

9. egbert

egbert Member

I also have a flip-top and swap magic and splinter cell doesn't work!!
    what do I do???

10. telescope

telescope Regular member

go for a soldering modchip

11. PHNX2088

PHNX2088 Member

if you don't use a solder modchip, there is still a way to play games like splinter cell that does a multiple cd checks. you will need to use a program called CD Loader in conjunction with Swap Magic. PM me with you email address and i will send it to you with intructions. It does take 4 swaps, so its not really worth it for most games with this protection, but it is for splinter cell.