1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splinter cell - pandoras tomorrow

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by affleck, Mar 31, 2005.

1. affleck

affleck Guest

has anyone backed this game up. I used dvd decrypter to create and iso file and then reburned it as the slowest possible speed. It boots up the the main menu and then locks out. Help please.

2. sunce

sunce Member

have you read the other threads yet? yes it is possible to back up the game. you would need action replay. i hear gameshark also works too but have not tried it yet.

3. affleck

affleck Guest

cheers mate, I got it backed up and working.

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Yeah, it should freeze when you try to start a single player game if you haven't patched it. DVDRick has some patches for it. One for the PAL version, another for the NTSC version.

Go to PS2NFO and download the patch that you need. If you're unable to get the patch from there (like the rest of us) you'll have to get onto DVDRick's channel on EFNet on IRC, #ps2nomod

You can download the patch from there.
    You need to use DVD Decrypter to extract an ISO into a directory.
    Place the patch in that same directory.
    Rename the ISO to "scpt-mw.iso"
    (this is for the NTSC version, for PAL,
    you'll have to figure out what to rename the ISO.)
    If everything is done right, it'll take between 5-10 minutes, you'll get a second ISO called "DRK-SC2.ISO" that's slightly smaller than the original ISO.

If something goes wrong, you'll see a whole lot of "File Not Found" errors in the command window. If this happens, it's because you didn't name the ISO correctly. Somewhere in there, it'll say what file it was looking for, rename it to that, and try again.

If it all works right, you'll just end up with that second ISO and maybe a couple folders of extracted sound (he must have forgotten to add a command to delete those)

The PAL patch works for all PS2 versions, and the NTSC version is supposed to work only for v1-v6 PS2s. However, I got it to work on my v12 (slimline) with Swap Magic 3.3 with no problems.