1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell : PT

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vaiosony, Mar 13, 2005.

1. vaiosony

vaiosony Guest

I've tried backing up Splinter Cell PT but it doesn't seem to work. I have swap magic v3.3 has anyone made a successful copy of this game and make it work w/ swapmagic? Thanks

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

depends on which version ps2 you have. Did you even try searching?

3. titch71

titch71 Guest

Why is this board full of people who probably know the answer to a ? but give half an answer and then are sarcastic. Not everyone has the time or skills to find the answers they are looking for. I would think the idea of these forums is to support other members as you never know when they are going to support you. I know if you are a regular user of the forums then repeated ?'s can be frustrating but why or why bother giving an answer when you are only getting the hopes up of someone looking for some help.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

im still going to answer his question, but like i said it depends on which version ps2 he has. BTW this question has been answered numerous times.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Titch71, a lot of us, Like Sly_61019, do answer a lot of question on here. I know he helped me out a bunch when i was a newbie. I have answered the same questions over, and over, and over again just to help people out. But people, even those who are tech. challenged can use a search feature and try to find the answer themselves first. I know i get sick of seeing questions that have been answered 100 times before just because someone will not search for their own answer.

but to answer his question, yes i have made a back up of that game and it works just fine. I have not yet tried it with the new 3.3 disc i have but i know it worked with 2.0

6. titch71

titch71 Guest

Guys am not looking to rock the boat and i haven't been using the boards that long.

Sorry Sly your answer just seemed half hearted the way i interpreted it i didn't realise you were asking which version of PS2 vaiosony uses.

Just seemed like this happens a lot and i understand how you can feel answering the same ?'s time after time. The GT4 backup question must go into the record books for being the worst i have seen. I didn't intend to offend anyone that has been helping other forum users for a long time.

I still feel there are members that can be sarcastic when a helping hand would save a lot of time.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

I agree, no sarcasm is needed. That doesn't help anyone. And i wasn't offended. Just a bit defensive i suppose.
    And i think for me that
    "how do i copy Mercenaries" takes the top prize. I have written instructions for that on 3-4 times myself and seen it plenty more than that. In fact i think i saw another one today. Sometimes i just want to yell aaaahhhhh! do a search, but i try to help them anyway because i know how it feels to really need helping.

8. titch71

titch71 Guest

Steimy in hindsite i can't really blame guys like yourself and sly that have repeatedly answered questions getting a bit p!$$£d off, i am sure i would be in the same boat. I guess a decent sticky'd thread pointing to various guides on how to backup troublesome games would help cut down repeated ?'s.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

I agree Titch71, that would help but people also don't read the sticky threads either. Look how many questions you see about how to burn games. There is a great sticky in the PS2 General section that tells you how to burn using most of the popular programs.
    But i would like to see it, maybe we should start one?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  10. titch71

titch71 Guest

sounds like a good idea steimy.

i haven't backed up much ps2 and have only recently purchased swap magic, although i have had a ps2 since its release. I've been thinking about this it be good if there was a list that had all ps2 games listed including different regions i.e. pal, jap, ntsc, etc and if what was requied for backup i.e. chip, sm2.0, sm3.3 etc a bit like what they have on swapmagicfix but including games that don't need any patching, toc rebuilding etc. Any games that do require toc rebuild, patch etc then a link to the message with the instructions on how to get the backup working. I have seen a few threads like this but they end up getting v.messy but with a bit of organising then it wouldn't be too bad.

11. TRegal

TRegal Member