1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell + Swap Magic w/slid tool

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bosco11, Aug 12, 2004.

1. bosco11

bosco11 Member

Guy,

Need a bit of help here. I have just backed up a copy of Splinter Cell (the first one) and cannot get it to go past the intro (freezes at the training screen). I have downloaded a copy of CDloader and CDloader v7all but neither have any effect on getting this game to load. I have a v5 PS2 so from reading all the comments I think that it should work ok but it just comes up red screen of death or "insert a valid ps2 game". I burned the backup using Alcohol 120% using the disc copy wizard and I don't thik it's the media as all other backup's work fine. Any suggestions??

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what version ps2 do you have and how are you using cd loader?

3. bosco11

bosco11 Member

I have a v5 P2 and this is how I use cd loader:
    1. Insert SM3 and at the menu screen use the slide tool to put in CD Loader and press x.
    2. When CD loader boots I eject it via the eject button on the PS2 and insert SW2 disk and press x I then get the "insert DVDR disk via EA method" notification and press X which boots the SM2 disk.
    3. Once this boots I get the "insert disk" message from SM2 and use the slide tool to open the draw and insert the backup disk, close the draw with the slide tool and press X.

I have also used the CDloaderv7all disk and at point 2 above press X when it boots up so that it brings me into the menu page which has the list of options such as 5v3 no pn but this does not make any difference either, even when I select the Splinter Cell one.

If I'm doing this wrong would you be able to give me a step by step guide on how to do it?

Cheers

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

sounds like you are doing it right.
    what brand media are you using?
    have you been able to backup other games?

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

not sure if it will make any difference but you dont need to actualy boot the swap magic dvd disc, when you get to the point were it says swap by ea method use your slide card to swap for your backup of splinter cell, then press x your backup should now boot

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ahh, i missed that little point, yeah listen to devilhunt.

7. bosco11

bosco11 Member

Thanks guys I'll give it a try and will let you know.

Re media, it Ritek G04 so it's top quality and everything else that I have back up work fine.

Cheers

8. bosco11

bosco11 Member

Big thanks to you guys, worked a dream.

Cheers