1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split Disc

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by buckscrap, Feb 18, 2007.

1. buckscrap

buckscrap Member

Using an older software program I had to split a movie to fit on two discs how do I use Shrink to backup two discs to one disc? If this has been asked before I am sorry to have to ask again... Thanks!

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

3. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I think that you will need a tool like DVD ReMake Pro to do this. You will need a little understanding of DVD Structure to get the files to work correctly. Basically what you will have to do is combine the two files and test to make sure that you structure is correct. Then rip a new file to your HDD and open with Shrink or Recode2 to shrink the film to fit to a DVD-5.

If the original disk that you "owned" is damaged, then you may have to buy another one!! If you want to go with my first idea here is the site: DVD ReMake Pro

Someone else may have another way of doing it, but basically you need to replace your Vob's and Ifo files to their original format. DVD ReMake gives you the ability to do that.

4. syxguns

syxguns Active member

rulisky-

That is a good way to do it. The only problem that I see is the fact that using the re-author method does not allow you to leave menu's intact. But it is a good way to get the entire movie on one disk.

5. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I have used the re-author mode of Shrink on "flipper" disks to put the whole movie on one disk. There is a slight pause between "sides" but at least it's all one disk (no need to flip for side 2). And, yes, no menus (but I don't care about that).