1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split dvd w/ dvdshrink but can't burn the second half

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dcfan, Aug 15, 2004.

1. dcfan

dcfan Member

I used dvdshrink and reauthored to get the first half of a long movie, and I successfully burned it to disc using DvdDecyptor and Burnatonce. But then, when I repeat the process to get the second half of the movie, the resulting disc won't play.

I tried following the steps found in VobEdit and IfoEdit guides to join links etc., thinking that maybe the "table of contents" (don't know tech terms) had been disrupted, that maybe the disc did not understand how to start playing the movie in the middle. But this didn't help. The steps completed successfully, but the result still won't burn to disc (I get disc is blank errors).

Any ideas?

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  3. dcfan

dcfan Member

Yes, I followed them to the letter, and the disc with the first half of the movie works perfectly. The second disc appears to burn perfectly too, but it will not play in computer or stand-alone.

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

I'm affraid I don't know what the problem could be then.
    I've split several DVDs in this manner and never had any problems playing the second disc (on my two DVD drives and a couple of set-tops).

In Reauthor mode, DVD Shrink writes new IFO files and they are, to my knowledge, very compliant

One thing you could try is use IfoEdit "Get VTS Sectors".

P.S: did you choose a chapter as the split point?
    If not you could also try that.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004