1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split files and Cue and Bin files

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by CaJazzman, Aug 25, 2004.

1. CaJazzman

CaJazzman Member

I was wondering how when you download allot of files, that they are split and when you double click on say the 001 file that it pops up a window so you can unpack them into cue and bin files. I see that they are rar files to begin with but how is all this done? Thank you.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You right click on the first "001 file" and unRAR it to a destination of choice. Then you wait until the unRAR operation is finished, and usually you will have the .cue and .bin files.

3. CaJazzman

CaJazzman Member

I mean, how is it that when you double click or right click, that the split files turn into the cue and bin files? You know when you download say Bullet Proof FTP and when you open the rar or zip file, that it has a bunch of split files in rar form, and when you unpack them it becomes a cue and bin file? I hope I'm asking the right question.

4. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

thats a good question ive always wondered that too
    maybe i can explain it more clearly a torrent is made up of a bunch of little files that get spread out to whoever is downloading the file. the torrent program like bittorrent or azureus that you have puts them all back together by downloading the bits from different people thats why every now and then the download will get very slow or stop for a bit cause only 1/2 or 3/4 of the file is out there being shared this was origonally done so as not to get caught for having illegal files since you dont have the whole thing ya really dont have an illegal movie but it dont matter to the courts no more they made it so even if you have an unfinished torrent you can get in trouble if the movie is legal in the first place you gots no prob
    but the big question being is how does the bin and que get all back together when you unrar it and burn it

5. CaJazzman

CaJazzman Member

I think I've found the answer to my own question. It has to be a cue and bin in the first place. Then using winrar you can split it into smaller files. But you have to have a cue and bin to start with. I believe you need to convert whatever your prgram is into an iso, then convert it into a cue and bin. I think thats the answer.

6. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

sounds logical :)

7. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Sorry, but I thought all this was very obvious :p

CaJazzman: Sorry for misinterpreting your post!