1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split Files, no winrar thing

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by RyuuKi, Dec 8, 2004.

1. RyuuKi

RyuuKi Member

Hey, i've just finished downloading Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude. I read the other post about split files, I knew how to do that anyway but these ones are slightly different. They are numbered but there is no original winrar file. Anyone else know how to do these things? I think they're meant to become ISO files somehow.

[​IMG]

Any help with this would be great as it took AAAAAAAges for it to download. Thanks

2. Tokey

Tokey Member

You're not supposed to talk about pirated software here. I think I hear the FBI coming for you now...

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yes, mentioning you DL'd it wasn't very smart. unrar the first number (.001) and it will compile the files into the image file

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  4. RyuuKi

RyuuKi Member

how am i meant to unrar it if its not a rar file and cannot actually be opened by winrar even if i choose it from the "open with" option

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

what do the files look like? are the ".r01,.r02", or ".001, .002"? Both should be recognized by winrar.

6. RyuuKi

RyuuKi Member

The file names are like this mo-ll1.001, mo-ll1.002, mo-ll1.003 etc all the way up to mo-ll1.051

The only options i get for winrar or winzip is to compress them and email them or to add them to an archive

7. djscoop

djscoop Active member

then right click on the .001 file, choose "open", select winrar as the program. winrar will open and show the ISO File or whatever is inside. then click extract and select where.

8. RyuuKi

RyuuKi Member

that's got it, thanks for the help dude. Btw, American Idiot is definitely an album worth having in your sig

9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

no prob. yeah, Green Day rocks!