1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Peepster, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Peepster

Peepster Member

I've seen several posts in the forum about rejoining split files but so far no possible ways of using the rejoined files. I have a folder containing about 36 "nameofprogram".004 file size=14,649 type=004 file split files all with different numbers. Also a 1kb sfv file. At first I didn't know what they even were so I used the web search option when I tried to open and was recommended to use hj-join to recombine the files into a single. Now, after joining, I also have in the folder a file with the name as nothing but the name the size= 515,880 type=file. This is supposed to be a game but I have no idea if I need to convert to burn it to a disk or what. If more information is needed as to what files I actually have I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to find out in order to give better information for someone to possibly help me figure out what to do. I would appreciate any help.

2. Pein

Pein Active member

3. Peepster

Peepster Member

Thanks for the smart mouthed link for a reply. I kept working on the files and had finally figured it out myself since they were split files that were already extracted. I subscribed to this forum because I tend to find all the answers I'm looking for thanks to helpful people in the forum. Quite disappointed after my first and presumably last posting. And if I ever do have to post again I'll be sure to be extremely redundant in my explaination so as the next quick skim reader may actually comprehend that I was talking about files that were already extracted. But I will say this in case someone else reads this post after having the same question...You do end up extracting but not until after you've used a program to rejoin the individual files into a single file again. With that "convienient search button and all" I'd read a couple people's posts that sounded very similar to mine. Having a folder of already extracted and just needing to know what to do from there. So extraction is the key if you run into already extraction but only after rejoin. The joined file won't display as being a winrar but just go to open and select program from list and that'll do it. Just in case any of you ended up with files like I did that doing that senerio for the individual file didn't work. Guess maybe I just have an odd german composed file.

4. Pein

Pein Active member

Well aren't you sensitive.
    Didn't mean to be such an annoyance.

I triple read both of your posts and the link I provided still provides the answer.

When you join your 001-0xx files they are just treated as a single rar-archive instead a split one.
    So you could have as well extract the splitted ones and leave out the unnecessary joining.

btw line feed comes from enter...

5. lisamw

lisamw Member

thanks for the help Peepster ;)