1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split Files

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pairenoid, Mar 5, 2005.

1. pairenoid

pairenoid Member

i have Devil May Cry 3 in a folder, it is all in split files. The first file is o-dmc3.001 going all the way to o-dmc3.059 and then a o-dmc3.sfv. It isnt a winrar or any extractable format. I used a program to join them together, what should i do next to back it up on my dvd burner.

2. gatemaker

gatemaker Member

I use alcohol 120%.
    Click "image finder" on the left and navigate to the folder.Then burn at slow speed (2x max) on to a decent quality disc, i use ritek.
    Good luck

3. pairenoid

pairenoid Member

non of the files are in winrar format, and have no isos, the image finder did not work either. I combined the files and mounted the file that was made, and made an MDF/MDS out of that but didnt work when i burned it :-/. i checked the sfv and all the files are fine

4. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

this was the same thing happened to me last week....and this is what i did to make it work

1.put all files in one folder... i mean you have 3 folders i assume something like this..

dmc.001 dmc-002 and so on.. that was in the 1st folder and in the second folder you see

dmc.025 dmc.026... something like that.. and in the 3rd folder you have this files.

dmc.045 dmc.046 dmc.046 there it is... and this is what you are going to do...

combine all this files into one folder.. including the .NFO and .SFV file...just put them in 1 folder and after you did that...

open the first file the file saying o-dmc.001.. just right click on it and open it with winrar... or if you double click it and ask you which program you will use...just choose WinRar if you have it!...

and when you finally open it you will see files... something like this

dmc(11)
    dmc(12)
    dmc(13)
    dmc

extract these files to a certain folder...and thats it!... open the smallest file i mean the last file the (dmc).... thats the one you will burn!...and youre finished...

but sometimes when you open the files you will just see dmc.ISO...that means you can directly burn it....and its much easier... than having those .GI files.. and other one.... you can convert .GI files to .ISO extension if you have UltraISO.... its a helpful software.... ;)

hope this helps ..tho its a bit crappy tutorial!...

Peace!

5. pairenoid

pairenoid Member

thanks man