1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting a dvd movie into scences

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by salts, Feb 25, 2005.

1. salts

salts Member

Hi, I just finished converting a DivX movie (Scarface)that I downloaded from kazaa into dvd format. I was wondering if someone could help me find a free program that allows me to cut the movie into scenes. I have been searching the web, but I am not getting anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What program do you use to burn? Nero vision Express 3 will split a DVD into chapters. So if you happen to have Nero see if it comes with Nero Vision Express and use that.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Not sure exactly what you want to do but if you just need seperate scenes and not chapters use Shrink.

Open the video files, analyze, Select Reauthor, Drag your main tile over and select the Start/end-Chapter select feature. (the opposing blue arrows). Now you can use the buttons and sliders to isolate the scene you want and then back it up to a folder. You can back up a bunch of scenes and then do anything you like with them. Each will reside in a VIDEO_TS folder.

Is that what you wanted to do?

4. salts

salts Member

Hmm, I dont use nero, I use sonic to burn. Last night I stayed up for a while tweaking the movie, I found a way to put the movie into scenes with dvd shrink. I went to re-author and there was only one title in the file, so i had to select the one title, then do Start/end-Chapter, then select title one again from the folder, do Start/end-Chapter again and keep doing that till i had a bunch of scenes. But I burned the disk and was not able to skip scenes like I thought I would, so I guess it didn't work. I think I give up.

Thanks for the help though guys.

5. amun

amun Member

Download tmpgenc dvd author you can use it free for 30 days this can also burn the dvd for you. Start the program go to create new project you need to select the file you want to put on a dvd. when you have selected it click on chapter cut edit when the next screen comes up click on add down in the bottom right of the screen you can now put chapters in a few different ways. You can put them in every so many minutes or other ways. You can then skip through when watching on a dvd player.