1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting a DVD of episodes onto 2 DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by KarnaK, Sep 4, 2003.

1. KarnaK

KarnaK Member

I have many series on DVD and i want to back them up. For example Red Dwarf Series 1 it has 6 episodes on one dvd and run's to 174mins, what i would like to do is have the first 3 episodes on one DVD and the rest on another, i don't want any menus no compression i just want to stick it in press play and enjoy! Can anyone please help me

2. sdweller

sdweller Guest

Karnak,

I have been using re-author mode on DVD Shrink to accomplish this. I backed up "The Shield" with no menus or compression and it works perfectly. Basically when you start up DVD Shrink and it finds the DVD, click on re-author and it will open a separate window. Then all you have to do is drag the episodes you want (usually title 1-3 for your 1st disc and 4-6 for your second). This is using the new beta of Shrink. I used the instructions on the pages in Oriphus's signature when I did this so you may want to check that out.

S.D.

3. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

I tried Friends Season 3 Disk 1, with DVD Shrink, it had 8 episodes and looks fine on 1 DVD. The problem I encountered is during re-author - whereas the episodes showed 69% compression (100% is no compression - the Beta counts backwards) on the regular screen, when I drag them over to the reauthor field they doubled in size and dropped to 43% compression. I just proceeded to copy the whole DVD at 69%.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I have Red Dwarf and it compresses nicely to one disc as I have both Series 1 and 2.
    I'd use DVD Shrink in 'deep analysis' mode & you shouldn't have any problems ; )

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  5. headhuntr

headhuntr Member

i just finished the entire cowboy bebop series to dvd and i used dvd shink to rip each individual episode then used tmpgenc dvd author to set everything together with some nice menus and then used recordnow max to burn worked perfectly and with no compression so feel free to try whatever works best for you

6. KarnaK

KarnaK Member

Thanks Guys for all your help DVD Shrink is perfect for what i wanted to.