1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting and Joining .d2v files. for the leets...

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by DavidZLSD, Aug 17, 2004.

1. DavidZLSD

DavidZLSD Member

Hey people. I have a question.
    I recentely bought a new DVD Burner (LG DVDRAM GSA-4120B) and I decided to convert avi XviD to mpeg2 - DVD.
    I use TMPGEnc to do that.
    I do only the video with TMPGEnc and the audio I do with BeSweet.
    Anyway, I have a little problem. As u know, tmpgenc output .d2v files.
    But today, when I did a movie (In multi-pass mode) at 90% it stopped and poped a message telling me about a problem in writing or something. Anyway this is not the point. The point is that I didn't wanted to do the whole process again because it took's about 7 houres, and time is money ;) (kidding).
    So I writed down the frame he stopped, and I made another .d2v file with the end of the movie.
    My question is how can I join this two togather, and end up with one big .d2v file, in short time.
    And there is a way to cut a part from d2v file and save it as a d2v file?
    Thank you all for the help, It's very important.

I have one last question.
    Why converting AVI to .d2v MPEG2 file, with a bigger resolution and a bigger bitrate takes so long?! 7 houres of 58 Degrees Processor is a lot of time?
    Shouldn't this Encoding is suppose to take less time?
    We not shrinking the movie, we make it bigger.

Thank for the answers, David ;)

2. xr4ti

xr4ti Member

Have you found a way to join d2v files yet? I am looking at doing the same thing. Will let you know if I find a way.