1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting Episodic DVDs w/ Menus

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by arsenal15, Dec 29, 2004.

1. arsenal15

arsenal15 Member

I got some DVDs for Christmas and I'm trying to back them up. Problem is, they're on DVD-9 and I want to split the episodes onto 2 DVD-5's. I know I can use DVD Shrink but I really would like the menus intact. I've gathered bits and pieces about how to do this but I was hoping someone else has gone through this experience and could share their insights with me.

What I would like to have is 2 DVDs with 2 episodes on each DVD. However, I would like to preserve the original menus and all the extras. So the 1st DVD would have the first 2 episodes but the menu would be exactly like the original (selecting the 2 other episodes and extras wouldn't do anything). The 2nd DVD would have the latter 2 episodes but selecting the 1st 2 episodes wouldn't do anything.

If anyone has done something like this, I'd love to hear about how you did it. Thanks!

2. Whisperer

Whisperer Regular member

Buy CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. Using these two together will make short, simple work of what you want to do.

Best regards,
    Whisperer

3. dimad

dimad Regular member

Using DvdReMake ( http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremake ) you can have whatever part of the DVD in the copy, preserving menus. You can even go deeper if you want and modify menus so that you only have access to what is on the backup disk.

4. arsenal15

arsenal15 Member

Thanks for the info. Do you know if you could use IFOEdit to do this? IFOEdit looks a bit more difficult to use, but from what I've read, other users have found it to be a very capable program.

5. dimad

dimad Regular member

IfoEdit can split, but last time I've used it (1+ year ago) it was buggy on some disks.