1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splitting movie with two disks to one DVD-r disk

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gkmpb4, Jan 29, 2004.

1. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

I dont know if this has been convered, but Im trying to copy a two disk dvd to one dvd-r disk. One disk is the movie and one is the deleted scenes. I tried to use the lil guide that dvd shrink has of its new versioin(3.1) I followed all the steps and the dvd burned correctly. Its just when I play the dvd, it plays the movie like it is one big file. It would show all the menu screens and titel menu, and eventually will start the movie. I need some guidance in making this combined dvd to perform like a real dvd with the movie and deleted scenes from the two disks to play on this one. Is there any settings that I need to change or what.

Oh and Im not an ametuer( i kow I spelled it wrong), its just Im just now trying to do this.

Im running on
    1.8g atholon
    120gb HD
    512 ddr memory
    pioneer 106d burner

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  3. jazpear

jazpear Member

is there a way of keeping the original menus etc? But having a 1st menu where u get to chose which film u want, and then it plays that selected movie as if it were the original film and kept all the original menus etc???

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well like I said in the preceeding reply, use those links. I suppose you could use ifoedit and about 100 years of your time as well.
    I would assume you would want some special features from each movie so that the menus you want to keep will have something to point to.
    If these are two DVD-9s, you are already compressing the heck out of them if you want to get both on a single DVD-5 disc.

Yep it would be cool to have two movies on a disc and all those menus and extras, but IMHO it is just not worth the effort for an overcompressed copy.

5. Matador

Matador Regular member

Use DVDFab it's a great program.IT will do it all for you.Unlike other programs this one slipts a dvd-9 movie into 2 dvds and still keep the menus.As well as tell you to insert the other disc when you want to play the other half of the movie.

So mostly all it does is keep the extras on the first disc and the other half of the movie on the other.

DVDFAB version 0.17.0 by Joerg Plenert is free.But if you are looking for the up-to-date version look at DVDFab Final by Fengtao Software it's not free but uses the same core.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Matador, I think these guys want to do the opposite, more of a DVD2one thing with menus, for two movies, (one is the extras disc) all on one disc.
    Putting one whole movie back-up with a working menu on a single disc is more resonable.

Putting the movie on two discs with DVDFab works well with longer movies and in cases where no compression is desired.

Frank
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2004