1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Splitting .mpg files

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by sonnet61, Feb 19, 2015.

1. sonnet61

sonnet61 Member

I am currently converting VHS tapes to digital files using the ION VCR 2 PC Video USB Video Conversion System: http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/vcr-2-pc.

It generates .MPG files. If I play the "untouched" .MPG file on my 32" 1080p television, it looks fine. However, I want to split the "untouched" .MPG file into smaller files. I've tried using Windows Movie Maker and Handbrake to do this. Both of these programs output .MP4 files. Even though I made sure all the settings were the same (for example, keeping the frame at 720 x 480), the .MP4 files display smaller on my screen than the "untouched" .MPG file.

Because of this, I thought the best way to go would be to seek out software that splits .MPG files, but otherwise leaves them "untouched". Would this be the best route to go? Or does anyone have other advice?

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. sonnet61

sonnet61 Member

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, attar!

4. SuikoNiNjitZu

SuikoNiNjitZu Member

Use Mpeg VCR! or video editor Womble programs they are perfect and awesome functionality they cut losslessly