1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting of ape files folder

Discussion in 'Audio' started by hakah, Dec 28, 2013.

1. hakah

hakah Member

I have downloaded a folder of Ape and Cue File consisting of 14 ape songs inside. Can you tell me how I can split it into respective smaller individual ape files and any associate software to be equipped with as well to perform the task? Thanks!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I would use medieval cue splitter. I suggest you convert the ape file to your finished product before you split. I have had artifacts from splitting ape files then converting them. I use dbPowerAmp to convert.

You can NEVER be too careful with audio so use the very best converter you can. Even with the best, you can do something to an audio that will not be noticeable until it is converted to something else. Then it can be more than annoying. I would never use some free utility for any conversion as some of our members suggest. dbPowerAmp can be installed for free. Many features will stop working after the free trial period but years ago the core features continued to work. Maybe they have fixed this problem.

medieval cue splitter

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014