1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoofing Drive Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by AJ56, May 9, 2007.

1. AJ56

AJ56 Member

I have a Samsung MS28 Version A which I am trying to put on a Hitachi motherboard. Evertime I try and spoof the firmware, when I go to check it, it shows me this......

[​IMG]

That is the xtreme FW which is opened in FW toolbox. The question is about those strange italics and symbols. Is that normal? I know the key is wrong, I was just using this as an example. I have tried with my correct key. I have even tried to spoof with my orignal.bin, and when I do, it gives me the same symbols and italics. I have tried spoofing the firmware in FW Toolbox and XtremeBootmaker. I have tried different versions and different downloads. Still the same. Even a different computer. Are the symbols and italics normal, should I go ahead and flash?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

3. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

what does spoof mean?

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

it means it will act or show up as another drive other then wat it is.

5. AJ56

AJ56 Member

No. Im using 360Hax.com. I have tried spoofing it with Toolbox and Xtreme Bootmaker. I just want to know if the symbols and italics are normal? Should I go ahead and flash? What do I do to fix it if its not normal.

I felt I should post this pic also......

[​IMG]

This is my original stock MS28 FW in Toolbox 3.0 I know the key is wrong I have the REAL key, I am just using this pic as an example. I have spoofed the FW to be Hitachi 47. The question is about the symbols in the more info box. I click on more info and it gives me those symbols after where it says spoofed as Hitachi 47. Is that normal? Should i go ahead and flash with the correct key? Or is something wrong?

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You should be fine as you can change your key it reports correctly. I wouldn't worry because you always have your original you can flash back to.