1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spring update, new codecs?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by themind, May 14, 2007.

1. themind

themind Member

I have not updated to the new spring update due to the rummors that it can brick your 360, and sense i never registord my 360 when i bought it in november of last year i am scared. Sense i only have two games to play on it and i dont go online with it, it works just fine for me right now.

What i want to know is if the new update has new codecs for streeming video content. That is what i use the most on the 360. Audio and Video streeming along with hd dvd playback. I would love it if it had more codecs cause 65% of the video content on my pc is xvid/divx stile codec. I also would love to start ripping my dvds to 600mb files so i can have instent acsess to them thru my 360.

Im not into modding and i know that ripping your dvds is in the greay area of the law do to drma, though i see there is alot of freeware out there that help you rip your dvds to files the ipod can play.

I browesd the site and didnt see anything about this and i hope that this isnt a duble thread. I post this just because i seen a rumor on the web saying that the update does some new video codecs, yet i cant find any info on it. Any info will help. Thanks.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  2. emachine

emachine Guest

3. steimy

steimy Active member

TVersity and ORB are ok, but the conversion leaves a little to be desired as far as picture quality.