1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprint v3m... Can I take mp3's from the MicroSD and set them as ringtones?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by ucfgator, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ucfgator

ucfgator Member

I just got the phone, and a 1 GB microSD card.

I can transfer the files to the microSD just fine, but when I go to set one of them as a ringer, well.. I can't even try to set it.

It's driving me crazy. Forgive my ignorance, this is my first Razr.

[marquee]thanks![/marquee]

2. ucfgator

ucfgator Member

bump <_< :(

3. ucfgator

ucfgator Member

any ideas?

4. JO31

JO31 Member

Man that sux i got the same problem with my sprint RAZRv3m but i dont want to buy that MPT thing SOMEONE HELP US BOTH (>.<)

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I am not sure if Sprint's RAZR's work like Verizon's do (I assume they do but who knows right? After all I can't use OBEX w. my Verizon RAZR :()

But, if they work in a similar way you could give what was said in this post a try. It might work for Sprint's phones too, hopefully.

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

They are both the same,
    MPT is the easiest way to go, but this site tells you how to get MP3's as ringtones. I just switched to Verizon, and got a V3M, found out it needs seam editing to allow MP3's to be transferred into the phone via MPT. Took 5 minutes to accomplish that, now the V3M is the same as my V3. Just wish that you could change the skins on the V3M as much as on the V3.
    Guide

and here
    guide 2

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  7. hyslope

hyslope Member

*If someone decides to get the MPT (Motorola Phone Tools) Just be sure you set your Phone as a CDMA (sprint) and then you will need to set the modem MANUAL (will automatically go to manual option as the Motorola Phone Tool-MPT will not be able to find your phone)**Not even the V3m** You REALLY have a V3m.....but you will need to choose the V3mm as your phone. **Normally you do not have media options with Sprints V3m using the MPT, but calling it the V3mm gets the media options reenabled. Hope I haven't confused anyone :) You can get the MPT on Ebay for about $13 total with shipping. Make sure you ask if it has proper data cable (USB-B is required)You can get the Data cable at Walmart or Radio shack if cannot find anywere else. ALSO----You will NEED to update the MPT to complete the operation (regardless if you choose to call your V3m a V3mm instead)Hope this helps. Jim

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

This fellow found it.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/479307
    here is some additional information regarding seem editing, needed on most V3M phones to get connections going to MPT. real easy, just follow [bold]all[/bold] of the links.
    http://hacktherazr.com/guides.html
    here are the seem edit instructions.

2742 Bytes: 0000 Offset 6a check bit 0 // check bit 1

If you want to use any P2K program or Mobile Phone Tools you first need to perform this seem edit to enable USB transfers between your phone and your computer. Required for V3C and V3M

lots more edits as well here.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007