1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spun DVD has killed my DVD Drive - Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Arrogant, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Arrogant

Arrogant Member

Hey guys,

I have a problem that no amount of searching has been able to help. Approximately a year ago, I attempted to use Shrink to rip the DVD Spun. It didn't work. And by "didn't work" I mean - the DVD wasn't even recognized in the drive.

I figured that being a few years old, the drive had died as no other DVDs were recognized by the drive. CD's still worked without problem.

A few months later, my harddrive crashed - badly. So after a recovery, I decided to buy a new one. After installing everything again, I had no troubles with the DVD drive. The same drive that didn't work previously.

Now, just last week I got Spun again, and as soon as I inserted it - nothing. The drive didn't recognize the DVD. I'm now in the same position as I was before.

Any - and ALL help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try DVDFabDecrypter to rip the disk.

Insert disk, run program, select 'Main Movie'

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Verify and Burn to DVD using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

3. Arrogant

Arrogant Member

The problem with that option, which I've tried already, is that the drive is unable to recognize the DVD. If a CD is inserted, there isn't an issue, but any DVD that's inserted in the drive is not seen by any program or the computer itself.

4. JVC

JVC Active member

Also, try this:
    Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
    You should also check to see if there's a newer firmware release for your drive. That's one of the things a new firmware does............ lets the drive recognize more brands of media.

One of these two things may help.
    Good luck!

5. attar

attar Senior member

Seems like an odd marketing ploy.Buy a DVD, put it in your PC and 'destroy' the player.
    Perhaps if it was a Sony product writing something to the HDD, but it would still play.

6. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

@Arrogant

If What JVC suggested Doesn't work, you might want to consider getting a new drive.

I also Tried to do a search, What a nightmare