1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spyware messing me up!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by KenkaiRyu, Aug 8, 2004.

1. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

I opened this file that I thought was a crack for a game but it wound up being spyware. Now I thought I got it all but Norton scans and finds 6 files that it labels spyware but it is in a folder that does not exist the folder is C:/Recycler. the files are all .exe's and the name is just a bunch of numbers. Now lately my computer has been runnign choppy and for some reason only games on Steam seem to be lagging at over 100 ping (I have optimum) could someone help me to tell me why my computer is lagging and how to get rid of this shitty spyware?

2. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

you should try using ad-aware its a program to that removes spyware and trojans and its free get it. Im only helping you to be friendly regularly i would had cuzed u out and told you to post the thread where it belongs because this has nothing to do with dvd's.

3. michigan

michigan Guest

I agree, this is the DVD forums computer problems should be posted in the proper forums. Also to be friendly - Use spybot search and destroy AND adaware. What one misses the other usually catches. they are great programs

4. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

I use both but thanks anyway.

5. MaDRuKuS

MaDRuKuS Member

since everyone is being friendly... try using the run command c:/recycler should work like a charm...:) make sure you have the folder options to view all hidden files....just delete those files that linger...