1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spyware

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Jdilla, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i was actually fortunate to log on here. because lately i feel as if my computer is being commanded by someone else. everytime i log on the internet and i choose to lets say yahoo.com.. it doesnt take me there, it takes me elsewhere. i got a firewall and antivirus program for "Computer Associates".. but this smells like spyware to me. i downloaded "Spykiller" but only the scan was free, it turned out i had like 202 infections.. according to their scan... but the removal was not free, i had to pay $30 dollars to remove.. what a catch. i guess i felt for that "Scan your computer not FREE" line. anyways im here for help.. i want my computer back to acting normal.. can anyone reccomend me free spy-ware/add-ware removal software.. any, any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciate it.. thanks in advance

2. _CJ_

_CJ_ Member

You might want to have a look at this page; its also a great site.

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=trojan&tg=dl-2001

I cant recommend anything because i dont really use one. I run Zone Alarm Pro and Norton AV and have never really had any problems.

I noticed 'Avast 4 Home Edition 4.1.289' on that page though which is free with alot of hits and a very good rating.. im thinking of checking it out myself now.

You might also want to take a look at Ad-aware which is and has been the most popular Spyware/Adware program on the net.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/#free

Anyway i hope that helps.. someone else might be able to give you more specific info.