1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squares jumping on Recorded DVD HELP~!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Autie, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Autie

Autie Member

Lately I've come accross a new problem and I've tried several ways to correct it none of them have worked.

I downloaded avi torrents to burn to dvd. I was using winavi v 6.3 and Nero Burning Rom 7.

Now the burns are completely unwatchable due to a scrambling squares that jump around the scenes and create an occasional freezing of the dvd. It's driving me nuts and making me dozens of coasters!!

I use quicktime realmedia and klite codecs. Codecs are supposed to be fine because I am using video inspector to make sure that I have the codecs installed. I'm using the NTSC settings and my dvd player hasn't changed nor has the computer I'm using.

I tried convertxtodvd to see if that would solve the problem but I'm having the same situation occur but at a little less frequency but still unwatchable!!

Never experienced a similar problem but it is happening with every torrent I download not just one particular movie.

HELP needed!! Anyone who knows anything about this pleeezzzz I'm begging respond

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Most common reason this this problem occurs is due to low quality (Compatibility) blank Media.

Did you recently buy different media that you normally do not use? Even if you bought the same brand it doesn't mean they where manufactured by the same company. The most recommended media to use is Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden's or media that has been made in Japan (MIJ).

What is the Manufactured ID# of the disc? You can find that out with Nero. Insert a blank disc and do the below to find the ID#...

START/ALL PROGRAMS/NERO/TOOLS/NERO INFO TOOL

Nero Info Tool will now scan your drives and the media you are using. Once it has scanned another window will come up with a bunch of TABS at the top. Click on the DISC TAB and half way down the list should give you the Manufactures ID#. Once you get the ID# go to the link below and see what class media your Manufacture ID# falls into. The site recommends only using Class 1 media for video.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

This also could be a problem with the quality of the downloaded video file itself (Low BitRate). It could also be a problem with the conversion processes so I added a few guides below that shows you how to use ConvertXTODvd or Nero Vision Express 4 correctly...

ConvertXTODvd --->http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vso_convertxtodvd_guide.cfm

Nero Vision Express 4 ---> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946

A few other suggestions for a better burn is the folowing...

Update DVD burner Firmware

Burn at half the rated speed of the media no slower then 4x. So if you have 4x or 8x burn at 4x if they are 16x burn at 8x.

Do not multi-task during the burn or converting process.

Turn off programs that run in the background that use allot of resources.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007