1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeezing 56 mins onto a CD? Is this impossible?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by friktion4, Sep 4, 2004.

1. friktion4

friktion4 Member

I am copying an AVI file to an SVCD format on CD. Movie (actually TV show) is exactly 56 minutes running and CD length supports only 51 mins.

Is there any program - I don't know, like an equivalent of DVD Shrink - that can squeeze the info onto one CD? I've tried playing with the bitrate in DVD2SVCD, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks in advance, I've only been burning (DVD/CD) for about 2 weeks now, so sorry if this ends up being a dumb question.

2. friktion4

friktion4 Member

I should mention that yes, I've managed to burn a VCD of the show, but I hate the picture/audio quality and definitely want to do it in SVCD quality.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The only possible way that I can see it happening is if you overburn it to a CD. Standard CDs hold 700 megs but an overburned one can handle 800 megs. Nero is capable of overburning but you'll need the media to support it with which can get at meritline.com.