1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeezing Goodfellas to 1 disc

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by allin, Apr 12, 2003.

1. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I think your problem is this step
    Do not use that file, or rename it or anything. when you do regular movies that file stays out. It is the little intro into the movie and not part of the actual movie. If youre getting a delay try it again but without this file (01_0.VOB. It should work.

2. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

I am doing it again without this 0_VOB file. One other question:

There is also a VOB file named VIDEO_TS.VOB. On the first version and the second version I included this file. Should this remain as well or should I delete it?

3. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

Removing that VOB file did nothing about the 8 second delay, it is still present.

Any other ideas or thoughts on how to remove it?

4. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

try it one more time from the beginning. Rip the movie again and try it all over. Other than that I don't know.

5. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

I have an answer to this.
    The guide carlitob has given is just copied off this page

http://ifoedit.wh.fr0zen.com/joinclip.html#joindbl

And it doesnt work ! Well it does, but only partially.
    It works, but where side A meets side B we get our problems. The one I done skipped over 5 minutes and was bit jumbled. So in other words useless. I got it to work like this; (goodfellas disc)

1. rip only the movie vobs(none of the other crap) in two seperate folders.
    2.rename them
    VTS_01_001.VOB
    VTS_01_002.VOB
    VTS_01_003.VOB
    VTS_01_004.VOB in side 1

and the same as above but 5,6,7,8 in side 2 folder.

3.put them all into the same folder.
    4.load up vob edit, click open
    5. double click on the first vob file
    6. click on edit (top left hand corner) then Join clips
    7.Choose an empty folder to put them in.
    8.just leave the vob id as number 1.
    9.let vob edit go to work.
    10.once done you have 8 joined vob files.
    11.now demux the mpg stream and the audio channels u want. Forget about the subs coz ifo edit is total crap at putting them back in. Only works when it feels like it.
    12. once demuxed, remux them using either ifo edit or Spruce up. Spruce up is way better.
    13 once thats done just kick your dvd project down to size using DVD2one. Works Perfect !!!

Ok now i know this seems a little long winded but it works. So thats all I'm bothered about

I'm not taking time to explain how to remux and demux coz there loads of guides on that.

Hope this helped. ;-)

6. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

If it doesnt work then how come i got it to work. you are right i did copy the material from the link you point out... BUT what I did is re-wrote it specifically to fit Goodfellas. The example used there is for the DVD for Pretty Woman. What I wrote is for Goodfellas. If you know how to follow directions then you will have no problems making a backup of Goodfellas.

7. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

Carlitob, Will all due repsect, It doesnt work !

Examine the goodfellas you have done.
    I followed your guide exactly ! and dvd2one did indeed read only 50% when it was finished.
    All the film was on, with sound. But over the middle intersection it messed up. Skips a couple of minutes. What good is that ?

The only way i got it to work properly was rip all the vobs , rename them 001, 002 etc. join them. Demux the m2v and ac3 then join them with Spruce or ifo edit. Then reduce the size using dvd2one. quess what, dvd2one goes straight to 100% without any problems. There's telling u something. Works perfect ;-)

Only thing is, side A has a warner logo at the end of it. its part of the movie file. So now i got a warner logo half way throught the film.its better than getting up to flip the disk i suppose ;-)

8. train

train Member

Well, Well, Well,
    Us OLD twig-sniffers always have to bail out the young bail-me-outs.
    Look I have the whole movie of Goodfellas on DVD as I write this. Look the double side crap is hard and I know this. I have taken the long way around and I just had to find a nother way.
    So, now I just get a DVD or fresh copy on VHS format and record the movie.
    I record it as a mp2 file using an ALL-IN-WONDER 8500 video card.
    I then burn the file to disc using neoDVD. Using a -/+R blank dvd. the file will be mp2 but just rename it to mpg and she will work. This is the fastest, most time efficent way to do any film like this. Even if it has 2 VCR tapes or two sides hit the pause button and then you restart recording and the quality is paramount either way. The quality is so good I cannot tell the VCR Tapes from the DVD Disc's.
    [bold]Note: Other video cards do just as well or better than the one I am using.[/bold]
    So, us twig-sniffers CAN come up with some very nice tricks to accomplish these minor setbacks using our smokey gray matter.
    Start thinking on your own once in a while on how you can get what you want instead of the same old frigging questions over and over. Read more then ask...geeeezzzz!!
    I was not going to put anything here in the thread, but it is in my nature to help the weak and ignorant.
    Oh and DVD2one is a GREAT program just learn how to use it. That is it.

>>Nothing is known! You only know what you know when you know it!<< __X_X_X_X_X_[small]dtrain[/small]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2003
  9. train

train Member

Oh, one and one more thing - know your video card capabilities. The best results are thru the S-Video out on the TV to the computer(Video Card) Composite-out is OK, but not as good as S-Video. So, here is the skinny.
    Do a DVD-Dbl sided or VHS (2 Tape) of any movie and do the mpeg thing and do the neoDVD program and make nice label and put in a new case with a really cool outside cover and put it on the shelf for the next xx years until you watch it again becouse you forgot what it was all about.. OLD by then huh?
    So there ya go.
    No questions in this thread about neodvd or the video cards. Go to those areas.. OK?
    Have a good one.

>>There are no knowns.. You only know what you know when you know it<<

10. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

Help the weak and ignorant
    dont flatter yourself my boy

lol

The way you do it Train,,Stereo 2 channel sound
    who the hell wants that ?

Read my guide above and create a 5:1 dvd of the greatest gangster film of all time :0)

11. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

mikeyuk,

pm me. I would like to send u a lil something. Also herbsman can verify the valididty of my method.

12. mikeyUK

mikeyUK Guest

Why PM ?

Why not just post a link to it here so everyone can benefit from it ;-)

13. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree. If it can benefit others, that is the purpose of open forum.

Please use the open forum where possible.

Paul.

14. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

The reason for the PM is that I do not want to break any forum rules relating to PIRACY.

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Carlitob - can you PM me wth the same details, i've been reading this thread with a lot of interest.

16. loaded

This is an excerpt from the rules of Afterdawn's private messaging service, which shows up every time you send a PM.

Paul._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do you think that make me less dangerous...or more dangerous?[/small]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  17. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I didn't know that private messages were also viewed by the moderators. guess i better stop talking smack about them :) j/k

18. loaded

We don't read them, as they are private messages, but the same general rules apply.

Paul.

19. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

This will be my last post on this thread. MickeyUk, What I stated works, with no skips, no time warner logos in the middle, just a smooth running movie. I don't know your exact software, hardware config so it impossible for me to say why its not working for you, All I know is that my method has worked for me and others. Good luck with this and I hope you can make yourself a flawless back up.

20. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Might be a silly question, but why do you have to rename the files VTS_01_x.VOB to VTS_01_00x.VOB? :)