1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSMerger error?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Usfgeek, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Usfgeek

Usfgeek Member

I've just ripped my copy of Crackdown using the hotswap method in WXRipper and when i go to patch it in ssmerger, after after it's finished loading the ISO i get this message...

[​IMG]

Anyone know what that is and if it's a problem?

Also after i click OK this pops up...

[​IMG]

I just want to know if i'm doing anything wrong since this is my first time and i dont want to be wasting any DL-DVDs'.

Thanks

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

I may be wrong but if i've understood well from what i've read,if you're trying to make another copy from an existing copy,you don't need to merge any ss.You can just use clonecd to rip the copy you actually have and use that same clonecd to burn it.After writing the image to your hard drive,you'll get around 7 .iso/.000 files and a .dvd file,just load that .dvd file in clonecd and burn.

Vincent.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  3. Usfgeek

Usfgeek Member

Sorry, shouldve been more clear. When i said 'My copy of crackdown' I meant that as in my store brought copy. It's straight from the factory.

4. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Ok,now it's much clearer:)But when it's about ripping original games,i'm a total noob myself,that's the reason why i prefer download the games i already owned instead of going with all these procedures which seem to be more complicated to me.Sorry for not being able to help you on that one,just give it some time before some more knowledgeable members come to your rescue.

Vincent.

5. Usfgeek

Usfgeek Member

It's cool, I'd download the games aswell but everytime i download one and try to unpack the ISO it ALWAYS says that the file is corrupt no matter what i do or however many times i download it. So i've given up on downloading games for now.

6. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Are you using winrar to unpack the files?Because that's what i always use and it always works for me.Or may be that particular game you tried to download is really corrupt?Have you tried downloading other games?There are some few private tracker sites which offer games to download but unfortunately i can't give you their addresses because it's against the forum rules,but with a little search,you'll be able to find them.

Vincent.

7. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

this is just another method to backing up xbox 360games
    burning crackdown
    use the samsung d162c drive flashed with kreon much easier than wxripper
    you should use iso buster to extract the .iso and xbox back up creator for the ss file and pfi and dmi and then load em all up in ssmerger all four ur iso ur pfi and dmi and ur ss and then just hit merge burn with img burn and ur copy will work

if it come up with an error in ss merger have u got the right size iso or have u got microsoft framework installed but that usually only helps if u get an error opening ss merger