1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSX 3 problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by monmon_4, Oct 24, 2003.

1. monmon_4

monmon_4 Member

Hey,

I'm trying to burn ssx 3. I made an image with DVD Decrypter and I burned the image to a DVD-R with DVD Decrypter. I put the backup into my PS2 and it started to make loud screechy noises and then it just went to browser. What can I do to fix it? Or what should I use to burn it? I used a maxell dvd-r. Thanks!

2. berobero

berobero Member

SSX3 is an EA game, right? You probably need a patch.

3. monmon_4

monmon_4 Member

Ok cool. Well, where can I get one of these patches for EA games? Thanks!

4. berobero

berobero Member

Go to megagames.com to learn about patches.

5. CHADSR

CHADSR Member

I've backed up ssx3 but the only problem i have which isn't that big of a problem is that it takes approx. 2 minutes after pressing x on the controller for the game to actually start.Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong or what maybe the problem,

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  6. BenJ

BenJ Guest

ive used Nero to back up and playing with Slide Card and SwapMagic2. no patch required

It generally boots properly every 3rd time.
    Otherwise it just get real choppy in the THX intro and the intro movie, and wont let you progress. but i havent really waited around to see what happens, just reboot and try again.

7. jjb

jjb Member

hi, i have the same problem when booting the game, but thought my son had scratched the disc, so I`ll try rebooting a few times . I also made a copy for my nephew but his doesn`t load at all, we're not sure what chip he has, but when i was looking to get mine chipped recently, i saw some chips that couldn`t play dvd backups. i`ve read about rip kits but cannot find one for ssx3. do i need a specific one or can i foloow some basic guidelines that will do the job. thanks.

8. cdogg5215

cdogg5215 Member

Well, I have a DVD-rom drive and a DVD burner (some cheap one, can't remember what kind), but I use Nero to do a direct copy, which actually burns and image to my comp and then to the DVD. But I'm using Imation DVD-R and burning at 1x. I have a v7 PS2 and using SMD2 with a slide card and it works fine, no problems. I don't have an internet adapter, but I would assume it doesn't work there. But basically, I have had no problems with my backup.

9. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

all depends on how you burn and on what and with what you use it....

first thing first... this is EA game for some of you they needs to be pached but not in this case...

second... try doing a backup with nero and burning on 1x on TDK,Pioneer,Ritek..

what kind of ps2 is used.... if it's v7 you should try GS2 swap... or the swapmagic... or just plain chip...

so you got a chip right?.... if it's no swap chip... try again and burn it on a diffrent media that always works... and on 1x sure it takes 45 mins but it's safe and worth it cuz the backup ends up working....

last thing... from what you told here... it seems like a bad copy... so try burning on a diffrent media and 1x that should work...