1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ssx3/jak2/freedom fighters

Discussion in 'PS2' started by calispeed, Oct 24, 2003.

1. calispeed

calispeed Member

anyone know if these games have trouble backing up? Also, will ssx3 work online?

2. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

ive backed up ssx and jak II just fine. im assuming ff does as well, because I havent heard of any problems with it. I dont know if an ssx3 backup would work online, knowing it's an ea game. hope that helps.

3. Dizturbed

Dizturbed Guest

backups wont work online because of DNAS or something.

4. skyline22

skyline22 Member

'

Last edited: Oct 25, 2003
  5. skyline22

skyline22 Member

freedom fighters backups up fine as i have a copy of it

6. calispeed

calispeed Member

thanks guys, all 3 of those are GREAT games!

7. old4at

old4at Member

What did you use to backkup ssx3? I have tried nero and decryipter and both have failed during the burn.

Thanks

8. Benefic

Benefic Guest

DVD Decrypter works perfectly for me. SSX3, Jak2, Freedom Force all burned flawless along with 50 others. Even the tough ones like Timesplitters 2 and DMC2 burned fine. It's all you really need to make PS2 backups.

9. midiman

midiman Member

Backed up SSX3 yesterday and it won't boot. It loads past the PS2 logo, but at the loading screen (little snowflake) it just sits forever. I had the exact same problem backing up Midnight Club 2 last week (even tried twice!) These are the fist backups to fail after backing up some 30 titles

Using DVD Decryptor, a very solid computer, Sony's latest burner, Ritek G04 media, and DMS3 2.0

10. Benefic

Benefic Guest

Hmm that's weird other then your Sony burner(using a Pioneer106) I'm using the same media and Mod Chip. Try investing in some DVD-RW's and trying different programs. I always burn my Ritek4x PS2 backups at 1x.

11. midiman

midiman Member

found out the problem...pulled out the network adapter and both games work fine.

12. old4at

old4at Member

hey Benefic did you just make an ISO with dvd decrip? then burn it? THanks

13. Benefic

Benefic Guest

Yes DVD Decrypter is an AMAZING program. I always burn the ISO to the drive first then to DVD after at 1x speed. Just got back from TRU with the buy 2 get one free deal going on. Backed up Castlevania, Dynasty Tactics 2, and Smackdown without a hitch. I have yet to find a PS2 that didn't work with Decrypter ::Knocks on wood::

14. MrToast

MrToast Guest

Why do you guys piss around, just use nero 6.19 and click dvd copy and DONT use quick copy. It takes me 9min to copy a full 4+ gig game and all my games are flawless. I am using nero 6.19 with all updates and plugins, xp pro, sony dru510a. This method has worked perfectly for almost 50 games, even the newest ones. just throught that might help, seems like you are all doing it the long way.

15. old4at

old4at Member

its like 2 clicks with decrip on my p2/266 128mb dimm win2k

16. deader

deader Guest

I have no problem backup my disk Jak 2 and it boots OK. My problem is when I play the game. At the end of each round, the doors go to another world won't open until I insert the origin DVD in to the PS2. Is this some kind of copy protection? I have DMS3 mod chip on Ps2 ver 7. Some body please help, I want to keep my org DVD intact...

17. midiman

midiman Member

WOW - no kidding? I have Jak2, and I'll try this out tonight. Haven't heard anything about it...

18. calispeed

calispeed Member

i would help if i knew what you were talking about....im about 80 percent done with the game...and i dont know what you mean when you say "the doors to another world"???
    With my Jak2 it works perfectly...so far...there should be no reason to put the original in as the backup works fine ALL the time.

19. deader

deader Guest

it's mean that when you go to the next stage of the game after finish the previous stage. the door wouldn't open unless you insert the org DVD

20. deader

deader Guest

Found the problem. Has to remove network adapter and HDD!!! weird!!