1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand alone dvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Newbie, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Newbie

Newbie Member

I have ripped and burned some vcd. I have a stand alone dvd player,Panasonic, which play dvd, vcd, and cd but i couldn't play my vcd. I could play the same vcd on an Apex dvd player, play dvd, vcd, mp3. Do you know why?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Did you follow our burning guide for Nero? Some players are extremely picky with VCDs -- need to be burned with slow speeds, _ABSOLUTELY_ they has to be "finalized" (or "closed" or whatever), etc.. If everything else is ok, it might be the CDR media, it actually effects a lot -- CDRWs normally wont work and certain brands of CDRs don't either.

Apex plays anything, I have one :) But that is because it has PC's DVD-ROM drive instead of custom built DVD drive inside it :)

3. Newbie

Newbie Member

I used Ulead DVD Movie Factory to burn my vcd and the result is the same as nero or roxio. I did finalize and burned at slow speed. I using both cdr and cdwr and still can't get it play on my panasonic. Do you know exactly which cdr or cdwr might work?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

By trying :) Blank CDs cost like... what... 10c to $1 a piece?