1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand alone liteon dvd recorder LVW- 5005 +/- all write

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by willi051, Jul 2, 2007.

1. willi051

willi051 Member

Does anyone have any idea why the disc drawer will not open (either using front button or remote control) Occassionally it does open, but most times it does'nt, then I have to switch off & start again. The recorder is over 2 years old so no warranty. Could it be just dust? Sometimes it will open & then close again b4 I can put a disc in, & its driving me nuts!!
    When I press the "open" button a noise is heard as though its trying to respond, but it remains closed most times. I've had the casing off, but dont know what to go for, apart from vacuuming.

2. dsigrist

dsigrist Member

I have the same problem. The drawer will not open, it displays the OPEN message, I hear a click, and then nothing. I unplugged the unit for several hours and tried it again. No luck.

It seem strange that there is no mechanical method of opening the drawer with no power, like many drives have.

3. willi051

willi051 Member

I think it is more of a mechanical thing because it is obviously getting the signal ( ie. the clunk). I say this because I've had the cover off & slackened the two screws at the back end of the tray a little & it worked more often, but still would'nt open on some occassions. I've also tried turning it off then restarting using the open button, or even going to "playback" ( with tray empty) & then when "no disc" appears, pressing Enter. It has taken quite a few attempts but eventually it has opened, but it is still a pain in the arse.
    If anyone has an answer to this, I, & I'm sure many others would be very grateful.