1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand alone players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by movies27, Apr 14, 2005.

1. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Can you use a stand alone dvd player/recorder to make a copy of a movie that you have a backup of (burnt copy)? If so how long does the process usually take?

2. movies27

movies27 Regular member

well....anyone know or tried it???

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Haven't tried that, but it would take as long as the movie is to do. Why not just copy it on the computer again with copy disk function? Also you would lose menu function's if you had that on the disk.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yep, You can do that. As long as the "copyright" is off of that backup-aka dvd shrink,then a tv-home burner can re-copy your backups with nothing special to add to it such as filters.
    I can get up to 6 hours on mine,but the quality sucks at the slower speed modes-just like vhs quality.

As long as you have a stand alone player that can play your backups,then you should have no problem on the recording side.

My cyberhome burner is just like a vcr-time wise. I have put 2 movies on 1 disc several times this way. The only functionable menu is the ones I create for each movie on the disc. Nothing spectacular.

Now on the fancier dvd home recorders with a hard drive,I don't know if they can speed up the process or not. Since the quality sucked and the extra time with more than one movie on them,I quit doing it that way.

Burn on!!!!!!!

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes you can do it as long as you have 1 standalone, and one DVD recorder, or you can do it with DVD recorder with recording to HD but that takes 4 hrs, and with the two it takes length of movie. I do not do either it takes too long, pc is faster, and quality is better.

6. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Thanks a million..i was just curious.