1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Ocean 3 Copying Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Crystalix, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Crystalix

Crystalix Guest

I've tried backing up my copy on Star Ocean 3 on DVD Decrypter. When I insert my backup, it goes to the PS2 logo, then nothing happens. I'm pretty sure I followed the correct directions too. Has anyone else been able to backup there star ocean 3, and what/how did you do it?

2. dsitu

dsitu Member

i too backed up a copy of star ocean: till the end of time, but it didn't work too well for me. i burnt it using dvd decrypter on a ritek disk so i fiqured that isn't the problem. the game would get me fine into the game but it takes forever to load up. im using a v7 ps2 with messiah 2 pro btw.

3. petten

petten Member

I have a ps2 V7 pal system and had a lot of trouble with star ocean: I cleaned the lens and the trouble is over!

4. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

hey petten let me know how u cleaned ur lens, ive heard so many different ways..

thanks

5. petten

petten Member

SImple accually , I got some cleaning alcohol (90%) in my drugstore and some q-tips.
    Put the q-tips in the alcohol,but make sure it doesn't drip( so not to much of that stuff), and then gently ( I mean really gently )rob over the lense.
    I had to do it a couple of times ( maybe 4 or 5 times) before I got the result I wanted.

SO before cleaning the lense, when I played star ocean, every fight I had a loading screen saying 'reading disc 'or something, even within the fights.
    After the cleaning I haven't seen a loading disc screen yet...
    good luck

6. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

cool thanx alot , how bout those lens cleaners on cd or dvd, those any good?

7. skyee

skyee Guest

Me I used DVD Decrypter to "rip", and then Nero to burn. It WORKs fine for me and the game can start. But I read thru the forum and I see some ppls have the same case like me, which is when the game goes up to the first battle (it happens in a traning room), the game freeze at that point....

my ps2 is V9 with Magic V modchip.