1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star View Box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by BridOD, Jul 18, 2007.

1. BridOD

BridOD Member

Hi to all - this is my first time leaving a message. I am truly a technology airhead. While trying to locate the new frequency for the box this evening I deleted something that I shouldn;t have. Now instead of channel numbers showing it just says ON. Can some body help me in the most basic of computer language PLEASE. I dont have any channels at all

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

go to menu factory reset code 1668 then choose english then installation then auto scan wait till it has fin do not stop than exit out exit to the tv again then press menu then press 1570 down to EMU turn on should be ok then

3. BridOD

BridOD Member

I tried it but nothing worked. When I turn on the tv the first thing that comes on the screen is the language selection. If I out in the factory reset code 1668, a front key test comes up. I pressed OK, then OK for English and then auto scan but all that cames up was a series of numbers TP1 to TP 37 but all failed until it reached 100% and then it said 0 programs found. If I put in the 1668 code at the installion promt it asks me if I want to delete!!!!!!!

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok what i want you to do is this and yes delete the stuff then do this

1.factory settings,password code 1668,press ok for it to delete the channels
    2.pick your language,english then press ok.
    3.now your in the main menu,press down once,you should be on user setup,press 1570.
    3.now your in the cas menu,go to emu and turn it on,exit
    4.go to installation,cable network n** or who ever you are with,automatic scan.
    5.once its done scanning,press exit a couple of times to get back to your channels.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes you do want to delete. Please do a factory reset again , go through the full installation again and make sure key emu is on after the scan.

6. BridOD

BridOD Member

7. BridOD

BridOD Member

Thanks a million for your halp. I am in work all day so wont get a chance to do anything until late this evening. Hopefully it will work. Many thanks again.

8. BridOD

BridOD Member

Hi Fergus - sorry for bothering you again. I did exactly what u said and the channels came back but they are all still scrambled. I did it twice but no channels came in. I live in Dublin and have NTL - any ideas on what I can do next. Cheers and thanks a mil.

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

also try your codes and make sure your EMU is switched on ok

1 Go to menu first
    2.factory settings,password code 1668,press ok for it to delete the channels
    3.pick your language,english then press ok.
    4 go to installation,cable network n**,automatic scan.
    5 once its done scanning,press exit exit twice from here
    6.now your in the main menu,,press 1570 on remote pad.
    7.now your in the cas menu,press the down tab once,to go to emu and turn it on,exit three times to get back to screen and view channels

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  10. BridOD

BridOD Member

Thanks Fergus - have you any idea on what the lastest NTL codes are for the Dublin area

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

they can be seen on the like under my post that says codes ok

12. BridOD

BridOD Member

Many many thanks Fergus for all your help. I really am an amateur when it comes to anything to do with computers and my husband is worse. The kids are over the moon that its back - my son is a wrestling fanatic and there is a WWE match on sun that he was looking forward to - your brilliant!!!!!!!

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes no prob my son is exactly the same wrestling mad well you are up and running now so happy viewing