1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

star view updating

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by blanno, Feb 14, 2007.

1. blanno

blanno Member

Hi everyone I read about star view on this site so I thought I give it a go. It arrived today with all the instructions and software required. I'm on N*L and it works a treat. Thanks to all of you for the info. My question is does the box ever have to be upgraded and can N*l zapp it like they do the cards. Many thanks again.
    Blanno

2. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

it should auto update its self
    and who knows ?

3. zero0

zero0 Member

Starview boxes do need updated from time to time, This can be done using an cable
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740&doy=26m1.
    and software/instructions found in other posts on this forum m8.
    I was reading up on this a couple of weeks ago and successfully updated a box belonging to a mate of mine using
    STAR VIEW_26012007_257eE_api.bin and the GTRom v4.00.exe application.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  4. blanno

blanno Member

thanks for the replies and help. I assume if it needs an upgrade I will find the files on this site. I had the cable and instructions on how to flash the box in the package. I just wanted to know what to expect. I asume that v**g*n / n*l can't zapp it as there is no card am I right. Thanks again for all you're help

5. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

They can certainly change the keys to knock these boxes out, but they are easily updated with the new files. I posted them here last month and will do so again if they need updating again.