1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by barfus1, Dec 31, 2004.

1. barfus1

barfus1 Member

I recently made a backup of Star wars Battlefront first I used DVD Decrypter using Fujifilm DVD+R Blanks. Everything worked great no problems... but when I tried playing the backup using Swap Magic 3.3 it loaded fine... but noticed that the game was skipping and freezing then it would run a bit more then skip and freeze again it seemed that it took longer than normal to load after a couple more freezez the game would finally play,Hmmm... I thought perhaps I had a bad burn so I tried again everything burned fine once again no problems... I tried the backup again and it did the same skip and freeze again. So I thought maybe it's the media I was using so I bought Maxell DVD+r disks and again the same problem... So I decided to try a different program. I thought I would try Nero( the latest version) I made a 1/1 copy with no problems. but I'm still getting the same skip and freeze from the burn. I burned other backups with DVD Decrypter and Nero with no problems booting them up with no problems they booted up fine. Could my laser be misaligned or what? I have cleaned the laser lens on the PS2 plus on my DVD Burner with alcohol and Q-tips and still I have this problem. I have a Version 7 PS2,with a Fliptop Lid and Swap Magic 3.3. Should I try another brand of media again,I burn on the lowest settings 1xRead and 2.4 Write the backups burn wonderfully but certain games just skip and freeze Any Ideas to help me out would be appricated thanks...Mike

2. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

3. ramesses

ramesses Member