1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars episode 4: A New Hope

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by equipoFTF, Feb 19, 2005.

1. equipoFTF

equipoFTF Member

I've tried to make a back up copy using both DVD-Shrink and DVD-Decrypter in ISO: Read mode. Niether Work and the DVD is is near perfect condition. When Using DVD-Shrink i get "Cycle Redundancy Error". I'm not exactly sure what the error is with DVD-Decrypter... Any Suggestions??

2. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

I was able to backup the whole set using Elby's CloneDVD and Slysoft's AnyDVD
    They have 21 day trials of both
    You can buy both as a Combo deal from the Slysoft Site for 59 Bucks
    The Cool thing is they update both regularly
    :)

3. equipoFTF

equipoFTF Member

yeah... i've tried that and it isn't working at all

4. kyle808

kyle808 Member

maybe the disk is stratched badly ?? are you trying to backup from the original disk or a burned copy? I've didn't have any problems with Star Wars 4 with DVD Shrink. I usually get "Cycle Redundancy Error" when ripping from a burned copy but not from originals.

5. equipoFTF

equipoFTF Member

Disc was fine, and was attempted from the Original disc... DVD shrink couldn't do its magic though

6. phipharmd

phipharmd Member

I have the same problem. CRC exactly around 50% with shrink and can't do it either with decrypter. don't have problems with other episodes. help.

7. JOLLYjoe

JOLLYjoe Member

I get the same error at 52%, I tried 2 different original disc's, my own and my friends. the other episodes of star wars work fine though, just this one stops at 49-52.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  8. phipharmd

phipharmd Member

i guess if you are really desparate, you can re-authorize it into 2 parts cutting out the part (49-52%) and put them back into one disc. You'll lose 3 minutes of the movie but at least can back it up. Have you ever heard of a crazy thing like this? haha.

9. JOLLYjoe

JOLLYjoe Member

I could try that, but I really dont want to miss that much of the movie. I am trying to back up the disc's so that I can put the originals away for collectors items. I am sure some geeks will want to pay good money for it in the future, hopefully.

10. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I have backed up my copies of all the star wars that are out on dvd. No issues at all. My guess is that you might have a bad disc my friend. I also know others that got some bad pressings of these discs. I would get my hands on another copy somewhere.

11. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

CRC errors can almost allways be traced to one of the following:

Dirty, scratched or smudged discs, bad original pressings, or errors on a burned copy.

Stand alone players are inheirently less sensitive to these problems than the reader/writers in you computer.

There have been reports of many "bad" pressings within one movie title. This could be the case here.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  12. phipharmd

phipharmd Member

I agree. Most likely it is the disc. just try it again with another disc. Good luck.

13. JOLLYjoe

JOLLYjoe Member

I tried someone elses disc and had it error at the exact same location. I went through both original disc's to find the location that it errored at and there was a skip in the original movie. Do you think that has something to do with it, perhaps I will locate another disc and try another.

14. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I think weirdly you both got bad pressings of the disk. Did you both buy it in the same place? Maybe that is it.

15. phipharmd

phipharmd Member

yeah. that happened to my disc exactly. skipped in the original when played in dvd player. i got mine at blockbuster. haha. crazy world we live in.

16. XtraCrisp

XtraCrisp Member

Hey, I ripped all Star Wars episodes with no problem whatsoever and they all play just fine. Not bragging just wanted to let you guys know that there is someone who didn't have this problem. I used DVDShrink 3.2 and Nero to burn.

17. wild77

wild77 Guest

There seem to be a lot of bad new discs coming out,they will play fine on a player.Your best bet is to exchange it for a new one.
    That is from LIGHTNING UK! check this thread.
    http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=13574&hl=After+The+Sunset

Edited due to too many Beers

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2005
  18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I copied three discs of Star Wars, IV,V,and VI. with no problems using my usual combo of programs. All three were CSS protected only.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005