1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars: Jedi Academy

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Ayanthrax, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Ayanthrax

Ayanthrax Member

I have downloaded an ISO of Jedi Academy and I was rather upset by the fact that I could not get it to work by burning a copy. Since I'm a computer noob I had to do research to find out that the game is Securom protected and therefore I tried making a ccd and writing a Copy using clone CD, without skipping bad sectors. That did not work. Then, I downloaded a [bold]bwa[/bold] file for the game, lined it with the ccd using TwinPeak and then burning it again as a Protected PC Game in CloneCD.

That also did not provide me with a working CD. When I loaded the CD in the tray and then tapped the official exe files to the game, it said there was no CD in the tray. Now I am out of Ideas. So I came here hoping someone else might know what I have to do.

Additional information: The Volume of the original ISO was named 'Jedi Acadmy'. I don't know if that typo affects the usability of the resulting copy. Some clarification would be incredibly appreciated.

T.Y.I.A.

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

ISO format cannot hold the copy protection data therefore making the image invalid.

3. Ayanthrax

Ayanthrax Member

So what you tell me is that I have to find someone with the official version and make a copy?

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

No thats illegal, you should go and buy the game, and help support the game maker instead of sponging off them.