1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Trilogy On DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ajstp63, Jan 31, 2004.

1. ajstp63

ajstp63 Member

To All,

Can anyone help? I've been trying to back up my Star Wars trilogy collection, ( Special Edition On DVD 9 ), using every program out there. It starts to read but always shows an error at different completion percentages. I've used DVD Shrink, DVD X Copy Express, Decryptor, DVD-Cloner, Nero 6. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've made many backups sucessfully with no problems. This is the 1st problem that I've encountered that I cannot seem to correct. Please HELP.
    Thanks.

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

The only thing that might be worth trying, i Pusume these are the first three starwars ones new hope, empire, return, just put them onto you hard drive first, as i dont think there is any protection on them then try doing that.

3. cofrpayne

cofrpayne Member

How do you have the Star Wars trilogy on DVD?

4. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

i have them on sep discs, i initally used dvd-decrypter, dvd2one, you could try using smartripper first instead of dvd-decrypter that sometimes does the trick if having problems

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm not aware of the first three Star Wars ever being commercially produced on DVD.

That being said you may have the three that someone transferred from VHS to DVD which means there is no encryption to begin with and your read errors may be from a poor burn.

Where did you get them?

6. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

You can get copies from a laser disc format put onto dvd and vcd, with dts and dolby on them, there pretty good quality considering. Eureka used to have the vcd verisons.

7. ajstp63

ajstp63 Member

I got the dvd's from a friend who purchase them from overseas. Don't no where though.

8. morrow52

morrow52 Guest

I pulled this from http://www.starwars.com.....

The most requested films for the DVD format will finally become a reality this September as Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox present the eagerly-awaited Star Wars Trilogy for the ultimate home entertainment format. The four-disc collection will be released on September 21 in the U.S. and Canada, with international release dates following closely.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi will be available in a four-disc set that includes a bonus disc filled with all-new special features.

The films of the Star Wars Trilogy will be available exclusively as a collection and will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX. All three films are closed-captioned and subtitled in English, French and Spanish in the U.S. Internationally, sound and subtitling specifications will vary by territory.[?i]

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nice. Hopefully they won't want a hundred bucks for it. They seem to get pretty proud of their prices on a lot of these new box sets.

10. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

I have heard that the ones coming out will not be the originals, but the Special Edition version-Whether the enhanced version was better or not, I'll leave that up to you to decide

11. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

anyone heard if the dvd's will carry the dts sound format also??
    DaOsT

12. jpc1958

jpc1958 Guest

Try this link: http://www.kungfumovies.net amd in the search box enter "star wars". I happened to see them selling the discs at a computer show near DC and was unwilling to pay $75.00 for the discs, hoping they would come out on DVD (now I guess they will). I wrote down the company name (their web address was on their banner at the show) and saw the movies at their web site (but the artwork is not there - strangely, it used to be). Anyway, these are supposedly the original versions copied from Laser Disc. I saw their demo at the show and they seemed to be of very good quality (and in Dolby Digital)... Good luck!

13. SGDVD

SGDVD Guest

yeah, i seen the star wars trilogy on dvd ( the malaysian shit) don't bother with them, wait for the official releases as malaysia releases are laserdisc rips, they are ok to watch but not to keep.