1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars using CogswapLoader

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mynewname, Oct 13, 2004.

1. mynewname

mynewname Member

Ok that other Star wars forum is getting out of hand and everyone seems to be using different ways of dcreating the game. Well I already backed up the game normally and I already made a cogswaploader disk so I don't want to do all that. The sawpmagicfix site says to use cogswaploader. So I put in the sawp disk, change to cogswapload, hit eject. put the sawp disk back in. then swap for my backup. But all I get is a black screen. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to change the TOC or something. I don't see any options witth that program

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what you need to do is load cogswap as you were but instead of inserting you swapmagic dvd disc as a toc disc use an orignal ps2 large file dvd based game as a toc disc somthing like devil may cry, gta 3 etc. check out this list for more high toc games http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/84252

3. mynewname

mynewname Member

Does it have to be one of the dvd9 games or what? Its looking like the biggest I have on that list is State of Emergency. I also have wwf smackdown and NHL 2002.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

no it doesn't have to be dvd9 but would be best if it was in the 4.36/4.37gb range

5. mynewname

mynewname Member

Ok I'm kinda new to this so what is th point of putting in another disk. don't they all have different files and number of files and things. And how will my backup be affected depending on which disk I put in?

6. xplicatt

xplicatt Member

i have swbf and am using devil may cry 2 boot for my cogswap and i still can't boot it.

7. mynewname

mynewname Member

yeah I tired using gta3 and am having no luck. Any1?

8. ravenwind

ravenwind Member

I made a rip of starwars using nero 6 and just used Swap Magic dvd 2.0 and it worked fine on my v7 system.